Sign in to follow this  
The PIT

Doping in athletics

Well Wada has investigated claims made by a German TV program into Russian athletics and is pretty damning. They are also investigating newspaper reports from the Sunday times in a separate investigation which may bring other countries into the mire. This all may make athletics totally pointless and worthless to watch.

I can't see Iaaf having the balls to ban Russia Lord Coe already shuffling nervously on the issue.

Could be even more interesting with interpol involved.

Was anyone really surprised about Russia? One of the most corrupt countries in the world with a long history of using performance enhancing drugs? It's like being shocked North Korea has bad human rights.

• Like 1

Was anyone really surprised about Russia? One of the most corrupt countries in the world with a long history of using performance enhancing drugs? It's like being shocked North Korea has bad human rights.

True, but they aren't the only ones. If Russia "goes down", then they are going to take a lot of people/athletes with them.

Tip of the iceberg, methinks.

• Like 1

True, but they aren't the only ones. If Russia "goes down", then they are going to take a lot of people/athletes with them.

Tip of the iceberg, methinks.

Oh of course. 

The sooner the cheats are out the better.

Quite but to eradicate cheats you have to start at the top not the bottom. If countries are in on the act like East Germany in the 70s and Russia today then you have a problem. For a start you need a competent managerial structure so the whole organisation is run on business lines with centralised dope testing and not the airy fairy manner it has been which is open to greed and incompetence, I'm not all sure that Seb Coe is the right man to sort this out as he was second in command for seven years. I'm not suggesting for a minute he was privy to what was going on but he was an integral part of the old guard and a new pair of eyes is perhaps the best way forward.

• Like 1

If he was second in command for seven years he must have been deliberately looking the other way or just plain incompetent.

• Like 1

If he was second in command for seven years he must have been deliberately looking the other way or just plain incompetent.

How incompetent can you be though? You've got to wonder where all of this doping in athletics scandal will end up.

Everyone seems to know about the doping about Coe. He can't really be the person to run the sport. Hes either implicit or incompetent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Everyone seems to know about the doping about Coe. He can't really be the person to run the sport. Hes either implicit or incompetent.

My vote goes for implicit...........though give me £10 and I'll vote incompetent.

coe2.thumb.jpg.0635533761d8d2181efd2966d.coe.thumb.jpg.99d1f03f48af0906eb743892ab

coe3.jpg

coe4.jpg

Why were western ‘journalists’ lobbying for a blanket ban on Russian athletes?

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/353128-doping-olympics-russia-media-scandal/

Well I think we know the answer to that,they are all controlled and have an agenda to demonise Russia.

As it turns out, proponents of a blanket ban on Russian athletes failed to convince the International Olympic Committee (IOC), which decided Sunday to leave the decisions on individual athletes up to their respective international sports federations and put the onus on athletes to prove they are clean. But the failure of ban proponents to convince the IOC certainly was not for lack of trying - because they truly did their best to have the innocent punished alongside the guilty and get the whole Russian team thrown out.