Spikecollie

The world has gone mad...

Christmas trees over here have now been replaced with "GIVING" trees...🤡

My 9 year old Basbetball-mad grandson came to ours after school on Wednesday as usual, and told us his school has banned the kids from playing basketball in the playground during break times. 

Damned snowflake teachers:olddoh:

Just watched an episode of a US time-travel series...in which, a 9 year-old Chinese-American lass matures into a 28 year-old Hispanic woman. :shok:

23 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Christmas trees over here have now been replaced with "GIVING" trees...🤡

Is that true though, or is it another one of those annual "they've removed the word Easter from the packaging" stories?

35 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Just watched an episode of a US time-travel series...in which, a 9 year-old Chinese-American lass matures into a 28 year-old Hispanic woman. :shok:

Well Dr Who is years old and has just morphed into a lady......

7 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

Is that true though, or is it another one of those annual "they've removed the word Easter from the packaging" stories?

tis true we have one down in our reception where it states the "giving tree" is now in reception for the holiday season if you would like to leave gifts under the tree for the homeless etc etc

39 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

My 9 year old Basbetball-mad grandson came to ours after school on Wednesday as usual, and told us his school has banned the kids from playing basketball in the playground during break times. 

when i was at school they tried to ban football in the playground when it was wet..this literally caused a mass walkout by the kids..and the school relented 

1 hour ago, Bristle boy said:

No, usually when these sort of bans occur it is because a  local authority has been sued by a parent for injuries. And that can be expensive to defend.

Nothing to do with individual teachers, more to do with an imported litigious trend from the USA.

1 minute ago, ciel said:

No, usually when these sort of bans occur it is because a  local authority has been sued by a parent for injuries. And that can be expensive to defend.

Nothing to do with individual teachers, more to do with an imported litigious trend from the USA.

Well, local authorities are just as bad these days (if it is them). I told him to ignore it. We used to play footie with a stone in the playground👍

Mcdonalds staff on strike   they are demanding 15 pounds per hour.  Over 30 grand a year for flipping burgers.    Labour back such a proposal       Get ready to pay a tenner for a double cheese burger

I used to miss conkers and British Bullcock sorry i mean dog as a Kid. All banned. 

Edited by Dami

13 minutes ago, Dami said:

I used to miss conkers and British Bullcock sorry i mean dog as a Kid. All banned. 

I Miss any type of play at School   

D900RW-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9A
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

A primary school headteacher has been ridiculed after introducing a “gentle hands” playground policy where children are banned from playing tag.

1 minute ago, weirpig said:

I Miss any type of play at School   

D900RW-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9A
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

A primary school headteacher has been ridiculed after introducing a “gentle hands” playground policy where children are banned from playing tag.

Ranks alongside my grandson's basketball playing ban i posted about last week. It is all rather pathetic. Basically, i adopt an 'old school' stance when talking to him about these things, and tell him to ignore it, without antagonising the power-hungry teachers. He knows that when he is with his grandad he can have any opinion on anything, if he believes in what he says. Taking him to our local basketball team's match on Friday, where i know (from his dad) he likes to be vocal👍

1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Ranks alongside my grandson's basketball playing ban i posted about last week. It is all rather pathetic. Basically, i adopt an 'old school' stance when talking to him about these things, and tell him to ignore it, without antagonising the power-hungry teachers. He knows that when he is with his grandad he can have any opinion on anything, if he believes in what he says. Taking him to our local basketball team's match on Friday, where i know (from his dad) he likes to be vocal👍

Yes  stupid really   there is a bit of the article that sticks out for me   It says  the school was/is  planning to demolish the boys toilets and create a gender fluid bathroom.😮  I kid not. 

45 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Yes  stupid really   there is a bit of the article that sticks out for me   It says  the school was/is  planning to demolish the boys toilets and create a gender fluid bathroom.😮  I kid not. 

:olddoh:

I bit like vegetarians eating eggs, which is a unborn chick that never got the chance to live. Poor chick, having it's egg cracked open so you can have your cake or morning scrambled eggs, or cheese. Poor cow having it's bits pushed and pressed around so you can have a white coffee or cheesey chips. Poor potato being dug out of the ground probably screaming in pain.

I'm not a vegi BTW. And my daughter will choose her life and what she eats. 

Edited by Dami

3 minutes ago, Dami said:

I bit like vegetarians eating eggs, which is a unborn chick that never got the chance to live. Poor chick, having it's egg cracked open so you can have your cake or morning scrambled eggs, or cheese. Poor cow having it's bits pushed and pressed around so you can have a white coffee or cheesey chips. Poor potato being dug out of the ground probably screaming in pain.

I'm not a vegi BTW. And my daughter will choose her life and what she eats. 

Spare a thought for poor kebabs too

11 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Spare a thought for poor kebabs too

i don't like chili sauce.