Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

Johan Cruyff

Johan Cruyff has been diagnosed with lung cancer. A truly great footballer and coach whose reputation has not been tarnished by time. We wish him well for the treatment ahead.

Johan Cruyff has been diagnosed with lung cancer. A truly great footballer and coach whose reputation has not been tarnished by time. We wish him well for the treatment ahead.

Probably IMO the best footballer I have ever seen..too young to remember Pele...better than Maradona..and that Dutch side form 74-78 is the reason I love Dutch football and the Netherlands are unofficially my 2nd team after England.

Probably IMO the best footballer I have ever seen..too young to remember Pele...better than Maradona..and that Dutch side form 74-78 is the reason I love Dutch football and the Netherlands are unofficially my 2nd team after England.

Wouldn't disagree with that cm. His coaching career wasn't bad either. As Guardiola, his protégé once said. “Cruyff built the cathedral. Our job is to maintain and renovate it,â€

I immediately thought 'smoker' as I remember him as such. Didn't realise he'd given up nearly 25 years ago. Best wishes to him in his tough fight.