Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mokidugway

China friend or foe ...

With the new Sino British relations ,will it be good for the UK or a nightmare in waiting ...

With the new Sino British relations ,will it be good for the UK or a nightmare in waiting ...

Depends on which side china is on in the middle east, I expect if anything they would side with russia. So could get tricky. 

Foe/potential enemy with their dreadful occupation of Tibet/East Tajikistan and deciding to claim all the south china sea its a disaster waiting to happen 

Thats even with out mentioning freedom of speech and human rights 

Foe/potential enemy with their dreadful occupation of Tibet and deciding to claim all the south china sea its a disaster waiting to happen 

Labour/Conservatives would get along fine with them, they enforce similar immigration policies here to the ones China enforces on Tibet.

Its' a nightmare in the making, IMO: if ever the Communists wanted an easy way in which do destroy both Capitalism and good ol' British values, they've come to right place; money-grabbing Lapdogs like Cameron and Osborne will sell us all down the river, just like they have with their endless kow-towing to finance racket.

Maybe Karl Marx was right, after all; and individualistic, valueless and short-sighted greed will cause the Capitalist System to eat itself away, from the inside?

China won't risk war with the west in Russia's interests so I don't care about their middle east position.

That said the Asian periphery is a tinder box. Japan are not as submissive as people think.

For now though there are 4 economic powers likely by 2050 and I'd frankly sell Ed's granny for trade with them until any tinderbox is lit.

We don't have to put up with minor powers like Russia or Brazil but we do China, India, the US and Euro-zone.

Suck it up people.

Do as we're told and we'll be fine, cross them and pay the price.

With Thatcher having destroyed our manufacturing capacity we are completely reliant on the Chinese for our imports.

Do as we're told and we'll be fine, cross them and pay the price.

With Thatcher having destroyed our manufacturing capacity we are completely reliant on the Chinese for our imports.

Again, this isn't true. 

Britain does manufacture just not as much as the likes of Germany. And also, your more likely to find 'Made in Germany' on your household items than you are China.

I wonder about what colour specs the Chinese see the world through....

China’s equivalent of the Nobel peace prize has just been awarded to Robert Mugabe for “injecting fresh energy†into the global quest for harmony!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/zimbabwes-robert-mugabe-awarded-chinas-nobel-peace-prize

China is bad but not as bad as it use to be that's going by the MSM.

Russia is always bad.

Debt is good.

Corupt banks are bad but not bad enough so we can do anything about them.

Poverty is a figment of your imagination.

Not safe to be distant from China unless you are prepared to make your own clothes (I can spin wool and so am fine, by the way) and go to work looking like an artist. Maybe we should have thread detailing which interesting or essential items we can find in shops which are not from China. As I am not rich enough to go shopping as a hobby, someone else might have to start that one. Regarding military and economic supremacy, what to watch is who is investing the most in any country where you can mine uranium and rare earth elements.

China, owns the western world, China has all the gold, they have lent billions to the US simply to keep their exports up which they need to maintain growth. The fact that China owns so much of the worlds assets, means it has effective control over the worlds fossils fuels and seems likely to be the dominant force in nuclear generation. The threat of war will come from the US not china as one day the rug is going to get pulled from under them, and then the cr*p will hit the fan.