Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Major Hurricane Patricia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The problem is these always hit poor areas plus we never get such severe weather, our weather is so boring, this is definitely a stonker if you like strong winds.

Glad we don't get hurricanes, this would level the UK and kill many. Here is an interesting video from Simon Keeling about Patricia and its possible path. http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Think I would rather boring weather than a 200mph storm!

You might die but at least you go out with a buzz, a bit like if an asteroid hit the earth with one of them big 'crust tsunamis', obviously I would prefer an almighty blizzard because you could potentially still survive your house being under 40 ft of snow + snow is still the best but others love severe wind storms.

Glad we don't get hurricanes, this would level the UK and kill many. Here is an interesting video from Simon Keeling about Patricia and its possible path. http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

Yes already seen that on my daily visit to his youtube channel.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The problem is these always hit poor areas plus we never get such severe weather, our weather is so boring, this is definitely a stonker if you like strong winds.

And nor do we want such extreme weather!! It would be truly devastating on an epic scale! Agree with Moki - Patricia will cause major major problems whether you happen to be poor or wealthy. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

For the nerds (most of us), pressure has fallen by 1mb in the latest recon mission, down to 879mb, extending the record.

• Like 6

You might die but at least you go out with a buzz, a bit like if an asteroid hit the earth with one of them big 'crust tsunamis', obviously I would prefer an almighty blizzard because you could potentially still survive your house being under 40 ft of snow + snow is still the best but others love severe wind storms.

Yes already seen that on my daily visit to his youtube channel.

unless you're gravely injured by a piece of steel roofing sheet :0...

Posted

I'm trying to imagine the scale of this, say if this storm hit the UK. .....how much of an area would this effect?

Its would make Oct 87 look very tame by comparison both in severity and area covered I would of thought.

Posted

If I could put aside the humanitarian in me, this storm would be absolutely fascinating.  The way is seems to have delevoped out of nowhere is incredible. So i can I just say a word of thanks to Somerset Squall? Intrigued by its development I've come to read this thread from the start and the way it starts off with just SS's "usual" reports into what it's become with the number of other posters commentating tells a real story....one I hope that doesn't end with the tragedy we all fear.

Thanks Timmy. I certainly didn't expect this. My original posts say how I thought the inital forecast peak of 85kts was probably going to be too low, but I never would have thought Patricia would reach 175kts!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

For the nerds (most of us), pressure has fallen by 1mb in the latest recon mission, down to 879mb, extending the record.

i thought it had gone down to 878mb an hour ago

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

This link is steady at the moment.   Not a great view though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP5Y4lISF0s

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

And nor do we want such extreme weather!! It would be truly devastating on an epic scale! Agree with Moki - Patricia will cause major major problems whether you happen to be poor or wealthy. 

Yes, certainly not my type of weather, over us but will follow this with interest, but certainly would not follow snowstorms anywhere else, hate snow elsewhere

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Be warned, some of the live chat on the live coverage is disgusting. Racist, sexist, explicit. I don't know how people can behave in this way on what should be a serious means of communication.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Its would make Oct 87 look very tame by comparison both in severity and area covered I would of thought.

I remember that, i was only nine at the time and I thought the world was coming to an end.. this is twice as bad. :shok:  :shok:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I remember that, i was only nine at the time and I thought the world was coming to an end.. this is twice as bad. :shok:  :shok:

I thought child of nadine was bad enough!

Posted

I remember my mom telling me on the way home from school and couldn't believe it, I remember questioning my mom because id watched the forecast the night before and thought we woiuld have at least some damage in the midlands if London had got flattened, it destroyed 80% of the trees in SE England so I'm presuming patricia would finish the whole lot off if it happened here!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

They're not "damn idiots" either they know no better, are just fascinated and know no better or have little information. Tourists do weird things and get themselves killed, like going canyoning or river walking during or after storms. Locals may have had a hurricane before and think they know what to do, but not for this one. Some people, right at the poorer extremes of society (which in Mexico is quite a percentage) have no information and no shelter. My thoughts are with those folks tonight, my golf ball hailstones were nothing...

Not "nice", maybe "interesting" as things progress...

I asked him why he hadn't left  https://twitter.com/DaveMcKlveen   

Edited by Jo Farrow
  • Like 2

Posted

Everything grounds to a halt when there's a few cm of snow, nevermind 200+mph winds and many 'ft of rain in hours. 

I do think the Mexican authorities have been caught off-guard by this one, but at least they're trying. Yesterday they were only worrying about a tropical storm system, imagine being a fly-on-the-wall when your superior is on the phone the next morning telling you a CAT5 is imminent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

How strong were the winds in Katrina? This looks even more powerful than her :/ !!

Posted

i thought it had gone down to 878mb an hour ago

I might have missed that, just going by the NHC intermediate advisory. I suspect that the pressure may have been even lower than this this afternoon when the cloud tops were even colder than they are now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

We have steady smooth streams but with hardly any view and then streams with great views that either keep buffering, don't work or have a 1 FPS capture limit.

• Like 1

Posted

How strong were the winds in Katrina? This looks even more powerful than her :/ !!

Katrina peaked at 150kts with pressure of 902mb. So yeah, Patricia is much stronger.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Katrina peaked at 150kts with pressure of 902mb. So yeah, Patricia is much stronger.

My word. This is actually considerably stronger! Almost seems out of nowhere. I've been so busy with things lately that I haven't had time to check weather etc!

Cyclogenesis must've bombed to another level on this beast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I cant even begin to imagine what these people will be experiencing in a few hours,unbelievable how quickly this storm has accelerated