Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stewfox

Back to the Future II

The 30th anniversary approaches and finally back to the future becomes the present.

Cant see the flying cars but a lot of the predictions came true, although of course the film wasn't about that

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/back-to-the-future-day-what-did-the-1980s-sci-fi-classic-get-right-about-the-future-we-now-live-in-a6698396.html

The 30th anniversary approaches and finally back to the future becomes the present.

Cant see the flying cars but a lot of the predictions came true, although of course the film wasn't about that

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/back-to-the-future-day-what-did-the-1980s-sci-fi-classic-get-right-about-the-future-we-now-live-in-a6698396.html

Ooh crikey! We need the big storm and the strike on the church, but no storms in sight! Time for bed for me (way too late), after my rather eventful day...

I remember seeing Back to the future back when it was all the rage to go see 'Michael J FoX' films and the cinema in my home town was so small people had been allowed just to sit on the stairs to watch.

Amazing to think that was 30 odd years ago and then they spoil it by doing a keith lemon special. 

So October 21 2015. I would have liked to think we had moved forward from 1985...but have we?

So October 21 2015. I would have liked to think we had moved forward from 1985...but have we?

Yeah I was born since then  :D

Yeah I was born since then  :D

Well that's very welcome progress!

I thought this was about the movie back to the future part 2 when I saw the title.

I thought this was about the movie back to the future part 2 when I saw the title.

The movie was made in 1989 and they returned to 'tomorrow' ie 21 Oct 2015 

I saw it at the time and though what life would be like in 2015. 

Flying cars above the A34 would be welcome

What they thought was and wasn't possible is explained here. I think hover boards have about another 10 years of development and we should be there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_Part_II

If you were not born then or don't remember seeing it when it came out it wont mean much

However if you were to see a film tomorrow looking at 21 Oct 2045 it would be interesting to see how it turns out

Good film and trilogy, it never set out to predict the future just entertain and it did that with buckets.

Happy BTTF day :D

Back to the future remember seeing that first british tv showing sceening on 1 Christmas afternoon.

Part 2 I liked when going into the future.

Good film and trilogy, it never set out to predict the future just entertain and it did that with buckets.

The producers knew there wouldn't be flying cars etc

but knew we would be surfing re net weather ?? (supporting pic attached)

post-7914-0-66838700-1445377795_thumb.jp

The first film was great, but i think it should of stayed there or just done one more. The third one seemed a bit pointless.