Sign in to follow this  
Jo Farrow

Star Wars 7

ITS DISNEY STAR WARS DOESN'T COUNT

I'm willing to give it a chance, and judge it once I've seen it

Can't wait.

May watch the midnight showing. May even splash out at Everyman.

Disney Star Wars ,the force never bothered me anyway ......

LOL

yes, I'm a bit of a star wars buff.....I'll certainly go and see it, but I'm disappointed that J J Abrams has decided to bin the expanded universe and timeline (just like he did with the star trek franchise)........Still, I've got a hunch who the villain is in the new trilogy behind the scenes pulling the strings, and it ain't the Sith chappy in the poster...wink wink

Not a bad way to spend Xmas Eve Jo :good:

Hope it is better than epsiodes 1-3, still prefer the original 4-6.

As for JJ Abrams, I like his style, the Star Trek reboot ticked all my boxes and I love the original, the two are both good IMHO so think he can do the same with Star Wars.

• Like 1

yes, I'm a bit of a star wars buff.....I'll certainly go and see it, but I'm disappointed that J J Abrams has decided to bin the expanded universe and timeline (just like he did with the star trek franchise)........Still, I've got a hunch who the villain is in the new trilogy behind the scenes pulling the strings, and it ain't the Sith chappy in the poster...wink wink

That'll be Iain Duncan Sith?

• Like 1

LOL! By the way, is it true that Han Solo kicks the bucket in The Force Awakens? :shok:

boom boom

LOL! By the way, is it true that Han Solo kicks the bucket in The Force Awakens? :shok:

No !!!!!

So it is not to be called star wars 7 only 'Star Wars the Force awakens', need to change title of thread. I only chose 2D, there was 3D or IMAX

The force is strong with this one (not like the last three they pushed out)

ITS DISNEY STAR WARS DOESN'T COUNT

Just because Disney now owns the franchise doesn't mean it will be "disneyfied", that's just silly. They own a lot of things you probably aren't aware of.

I'm really looking forward to it, I have a feeling it's going to be at least better than the 3 prequels.

I thought The Phanton Menace was merely average (it is widely considered terrible mainly because it was compared with the original trilogy, which was exceptional).  I found Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith quite enjoyable, though not quite up to the standards of Episodes 4-6.  Indeed, I find the original trilogy so enjoyable that I managed to see all three of them in one afternoon/evening at a Star Wars social last year and my attention was still high by the end of Return of the Jedi- a remarkable feat for me since I often struggle to have the attention span for just one feature-length film.

I really don't have any idea how good The Force Awakens will be.  I doubt that it will be a disaster, though another fair to average film is a significant possibility, though it won't be against the same expectations that preceded The Phantom Menace.  It's a pretty safe bet that I will again be purchasing John Williams's soundtrack though.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

I reckon it could be one of the fastest to reach £1 billion at the box office.

Although Disney are making the new feel I think it is going to have the feel of the original 3 films, and I can't wait. Especially with all the old characters! I think it is going to be a huge hit and already booked my tickets. Any star wars fan will cannot fail to be excited with the upcoming release and December 18th can't come soon enough! Use the force my young Padawan!!

Have booked for Boxing day, will make a nice break from cold turkey :D

• Like 1

should have left well alone after the return of the jedi...revenge of the sith was ok the other two were instantly forgettable..me thinks it will be..'this is not the star wars film you are looking for'...

Just saw 'The Force Awakens', whilst it still isn't up to the standards of the original trilogy, it is better than all the prequels. The new characters are okay, (apart from the new baddie) but the best one is the new droid, plus there are a couple of real shocks in the story. The shocks are as follows, I'm not telling, I don't want to ruin it for you.:D The effects are brilliant as you would come to expect and the old characters are still watchable. The sound track was a little dull though, which is a surprise considering it was by John Williams.

IMO  having seen it with my kids...better than phantom menance...attack of the clones and return of the JJedi..on a par with revenge of the sith not as good as a new hope or the best..empire strikes back.

Seen the new Star Wars film.

IMO, it's just a rehash of the original film. I spent nearly the whole film thinking to myself that was in the original.

Jakku is Tatooine, a droid holds vital info same as original. Chase by enemy agents as original. Droid comes across a young person who lives a poor existence, reluctant to leave it same as Luke. Death of a main character as in original film. Dramatic battle at the end to save the resistance from doom as in original.