Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheshire snow

JFF first lowland snow of the Season

Paul/Mods

I know this kind of thread is done each year, but seems to get quite alot

Of interest, also saves clogging up the Winter Thread which is very

Informative as it is most years.

As the tittle suggest s just for fun so go on give it a go and see how close you

Can get.

As my closest City is Manchester I will go with 10th December for first

Snowfall, for no other reason ,that its my Daughters Birthday

C.S

Late November for lower level Inverness I'll say - take a punt at November 28th.

For the winter season I'm going with late February/early March, this after rather uninspiring 8 weeks previously. I think we'll see snow during the latter part of November though this is still Autumn, thereafter a fairly benign winter.

No idea really but we are overdue an early winter and with low SST's  I'll go for Nov 3rd 2015!!! :nonono::sorry::angry::rofl:

MIA

Based more on hope than instinct, but something similar to late November 2010 ...with a bigger dumping of snow. Specifically November 28th: 5cm to fall from a clump of intense wintry showers moving down from the North-East.

December 1st pour London

Which is crazily early really but a early start to winter I reckon I do expect a mostly zonal November.

19th November for Leeds its been a cool year up these parts not many hot days during the summer ! A early snowfall cant be ruled out

I reckon November 15th 2019 for Bude/Cornwall for a proper dumping, maybe December 14th 2015 cold enough for a few flakes

November 23rd. Very early for here but sense a change this time around

I'll go for November 23rd, for no better reason than its a day earlier than 2010/11...

Here in Leeds i'd say that 75% of years since 2000 have brought the first snow within a 2 week period, that being late November and early December. 

I'll be a bull this year and say Nov 20th.

For falling snow - I'd agree with summer blizzard. Late November onwards. I'll go with 29th of November.

For settling snow - it's much less common in November, but usually occurs in December. I'll go with 18th December.

this area, late Jan, wet slushy sprinkling off a NW'ly, maybe repeat early Feb, 'coldest' period of winter my guess late Jan/early Feb, with PM air

Earliest in recent years for the west country was November the 4th even down to low levels but on average we see some on west country hills mid/late November and then for sea level snow it averages 2nd or third week of January.

I'm going to say around the 14th of December this year.

For falling snow here the 29th of  October and for lying snow the 20th of November after all the ground is now cold enough after last weeks frost.

For the first falling snow of the season at my location I will go for dec 28th. For my first lying snow of the season Jan 1st.