Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cyclonic happiness

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Plane!

I thought this was such a serious development that it would merit its own thread.

So the new reports are all saying it's unconfirmed, but there is building evidence that it may actually be true.

If it is true it will mean that a part of NATO (Turkey) has fired at and killed the crew of a Russian fighter plane.

And being as tensions are so high, it could quite possibly spark the war between NATO and Russia that America has for so long, been pushing for.

Well, if anyone can find anymore evidence or reports on the matter, i'll be glad to see this debunked.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASUM_en-GBGB581GB581&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=turkey+shoots+down+russian+plane&tbs=qdr:h

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASUM_en-GBGB581GB581&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=turkey+shoots+down+russian+plane&tbs=qdr:h&start=10

it apparently happened more then 24 hours ago.. If it was true i am sure we would of found out by now 

Just a twitter rumor picked up by the daily express that all other papers r copying and putting on their page.. As gets plenty of clicks 

Unconfirmed report Russian jet is down by Turkish after interning Turkish airspace.

it apparently happened more then 24 hours ago.. If it was true i am sure we would of found out by now 

Just a twitter rumor picked up by the daily express that all other papers r copying and putting on their page.. As gets plenty of clicks 

Unconfirmed report Russian jet is down by Turkish after interning Turkish airspace.

well, let's hope so.   I'd love nothing more than for it to not be true

If it was true, the Russians would just accept it. They shouldn't be flying fighter jets over Turkish airspace, particularly as the Turks are fighting an ongoing battle with Kurdish independence fighters (so the Russians could expect they might get caught in crossfire).

Would not be a trigger for war at all.

For that you'd need Russian fighters shooting down Turkish NATO planes over Turkish soil / or over international waters. Even then it wouldn't start trouble unless it was obviously a deliberate, pre-meditated attack.

I dont think any such incident has happened at present ,but there is a very strong possibility that it could happen .Isis i,m sure are weakening a little but this could drive them on to other Battlefields so we must be prepared for all eventualities .Russia are very clever and i,m sure if planes get shot down it would take a few such actions before any conflict with Turkey were to break out [we dont want that ] cheers gang .

Seems like just some random Twitter rumour to me.

There'll be no war unless it happens over Turkey itself and Turkey is the one being fired upon. 

Powerful explosions kill dozens at peace rally in Ankara.

This is all I`ve seen about turkey today.

https://www.rt.com/news/318185-ankara-road-junction-blast/

And this I`ve found.

RUSSIA AND TURKEY REFUSE TO COMMENT ON REPORT THAT RUSSIAN MIG-29 DOWNED BY TURKISH FORCES.

they always refuse to comment if something has happened, otherwise it's wall to wall denial

cyclonic happiness, on 10 Oct 2015 - 18:43, said:

I thought this was such a serious development that it would merit its own thread.

So the new reports are all saying it's unconfirmed, but there is building evidence that it may actually be true.

If it is true it will mean that a part of NATO (Turkey) has fired at and killed the crew of a Russian fighter plane.

And being as tensions are so high, it could quite possibly spark the war between NATO and Russia that America has for so long, been pushing for.

Well, if anyone can find anymore evidence or reports on the matter, i'll be glad to see this debunked.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASUM_en-GBGB581GB581&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=turkey+shoots+down+russian+plane&tbs=qdr:h

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASUM_en-GBGB581GB581&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=turkey+shoots+down+russian+plane&tbs=qdr:h&start=10

Do you truly believe that? I'm beginning to think that Western civilisation will be brought down by the wave of misinformation, that is published on the web, posing as facts. The attitudes & posts of people here & elsewhere, frankly leave me in despair. I would hate to be young now. I really dread to think what will become of our world.

I quite agree Dave. I read some of this stuff with incredulity.

Going to lock this, don't really see what's to be debated at this point, and don't think we need threads for conspiracy theory, potential misinformation and the like.