Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2015/16

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Hints Of A Colder Second Half Of November (05/11/15)
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Steve Murr hasn't posted once regarding this winter and it's November the 5th. I think that's all that needs to be said. This is the very latest I can remember him not posting even a 'Hello' kind of post in the MOD thread by now. Until that happens you can almost kiss goodbye to the real prospect of cold.

Edited by PolarWarsaw
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Steve Murr hasn't posted once regarding this winter and it's November the 5th. I think that's all that needs to be said. This is the very latest I can remember him not posting even a 'Hello' kind of post in the MOD thread by now. Until that happens you can almost kiss goodbye to the real prospect of cold.

Steve made some posts in the MOD thread last month but he hasn't visited the forums since October 20th

Just because Steve isn't posting doesn't mean cold weather isn't going to happen

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 5

Posted

Yes, because one person's input is the be all and end all for the weather for an entire season, apparently...

No, but you know what I'm saying with the general theme. If there's cold to be had, Steve's normally the man to find it. Infact, not normally - ALWAYS.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

So Steve is the weather God then? I may as well ignore every other poster on here then. What a load of tosh. Maybe he has other priorities right now? Peoples circumstances change.

But anyway... It seems everyone else is wasting their time posting! Come on now PW.

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well I'm just hoping that nothing 'untoward' has happened to Steve, otherwise there will be no cold winters until another weather messiah comes along.

:cray:

• Like 1

Posted

Haha, some people are very easy to poke a reaction out of? My point is. The common theme here on NW for years now, has been - if there's a chance of cold weather than Steve is normally the one who's pushing the boat, running the commentary and the fact we were near record November mild temperatures this week..Steve is nowhere to be seen, suggests that the chance of cold weather CURRENTLY (nowhere did I mention December, the entire of winter etc - just now) isn't that likely or great as we would normally have heard properly about it. 

Not sure why that's an issue to people? It's the pattern this place takes and it's great. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Haha, some people are very easy to poke a reaction out of? My point is. The common theme here on NW for years now, has been - if there's a chance of cold weather than Steve is normally the one who's pushing the boat, running the commentary and the fact we were near record November mild temperatures this week..Steve is nowhere to be seen, suggests that the chance of cold weather CURRENTLY (nowhere did I mention December, the entire of winter etc - just now) isn't that likely or great as we would normally have heard properly about it. 

Not sure why that's an issue to people? It's the pattern this place takes and it's great. 

I could understand your point if Steve had popped in and said "Hi, nothing interesting happening, mild for the foreseeable, be back when things change."

His absence though does not mean that by default, it could be for one of many, many reasons. He could for instance be spending all his time practicing his new hobby ready to enter next years "Bake Off" and just not have time for his old hobby of watching weather models.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Steve made some posts in the MOD thread last month but he hasn't visited the forums since October 20th

Just because Steve isn't posting doesn't mean cold weather isn't going to happen

Yes, because one person's input is the be all and end all for the weather for an entire season, apparently...

No, but you know what I'm saying with the general theme. If there's cold to be had, Steve's normally the man to find it. Infact, not normally - ALWAYS.

He normally is yes, but just because he hasn't posted doesn't mean that it won't be cold, or the winter is over... far from it. To be honest, I'm kind of surprised that Steve hasn't jumped all over the cold signals in the GFS FI yet, as he normally does.

So Steve is the weather God then? I may as well ignore every other poster on here then. What a load of tosh. Maybe he has other priorities right now? Peoples circumstances change.

But anyway... It seems everyone else is wasting their time posting! Come on now PW.

Well I'm just hoping that nothing 'untoward' has happened to Steve, otherwise there will be no cold winters until another weather messiah comes along.

:cray:

I could understand your point if Steve had popped in and said "Hi, nothing interesting happening, mild for the foreseeable, be back when things change."

His absence though does not mean that by default, it could be for one of many, many reasons. He could for instance be spending all his time practicing his new hobby ready to enter next years "Bake Off" and just not have time for his old hobby of watching weather models.

A rather big hint for all posters................"one person's input or lack of does not dictate the weather, and neither do the models".....say that to yourselves several times mantra style, and a pattern and mind association might just start to happen................thanks

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 8

Posted

A rather big hint for all posters................"one person's input or lack of does not dictate the weather, and neither do the models".....say that to yourselves several times mantra style, and a pattern and mind association might just start to happen................thanks

My post has been taken the wrong way - my simple point was association by poster. Generally speaking Steve has rang the bell/drummed the band along for anything winter/cold related and the fact he hasn't posted at this point, despite being active within the last couple of weeks, would make it look like/suspect that nothing too cold was on the horizon - not that it wouldn't become cold etc or that winter was over. 

:pardon:

• Like 3

Posted

Steve Murr hasn't posted once regarding this winter and it's NOVEMBER THE 5TH. I think that's all that needs to be said. This is the very latest I can remember him not posting even a 'Hello' kind of post in the MOD thread by now. Until that happens you can almost kiss goodbye to the real prospect of cold.

...and the meteorological winter starts....1st December?

• Like 1

Posted

I think this Steve Murr thing needs to stop - It's still a Month till Winter.  We may not get a start to Winter like 2010, but there is a long way to go yet, especially if we are relying on SSW events like the METO have mentioned. 

• Like 3

Posted

My post has been taken the wrong way - my simple point was association by poster. Generally speaking Steve has rang the bell/drummed the band along for anything winter/cold related and the fact he hasn't posted at this point, despite being active within the last couple of weeks, would make it look like/suspect that nothing too cold was on the horizon - not that it wouldn't become cold etc or that winter was over. 

:pardon:

I got your point PW. Steve Murr's absence is reflective of the lack of cold in the outlook because he only ever posts to look for cold. It really is that simple!

• Like 5

Posted

I got your point PW. Steve Murr's absence is reflective of the lack of cold in the outlook because he only ever posts to look for cold. It really is that simple!

Pretty much this.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

righty o, that's enough please folks......can we move on please, it's derailing the thread and is quite frankly, rather tedious now....thanks

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

To add a slight touch of levity and bring this back on topic...

This morning, I asked the 5 year old weathergeek of the house (aka PG junior) when he thought we would see our first proper snowfall up here.

Based on absolutely no science whatsoever, he replied, "Not until after your birthday, Daddy." - which would mean after 21st January.

Anyone for a 1947?

;-)>

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather...heavy snow and heat waves

I'm personally waiting for iapennell's winter forecast, he usually does one this time of year. They have been very thorough and in my opinion quite close to the mark during the last couple of winters. I wasn't quite sure at first because he mentions in quite some detail certain dates throughout the winter months. So Iam anticipating what his methods will show for 2015/16 season

• Like 2

Posted

I will never forget the GFS picking up the northerly first in 2009......then bang.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I suppose the GFS can get it right.... Sometimes 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Did the same happen in Nov 2010? I think it did, but may need to check the archives.

But, chaps - are we not  in danger of forgetting the countless other times the GFS has been 'the first to pick up a northerly', only for said 'northerly' to subsequently disappear into the ether? :D  :D

• Like 7