Sign in to follow this  
vizzy2004

Golf Chat

Quite surprised not to see a Golf thread on here, with thousands of members there got to be plenty of weather enthusiasts out there that enjoy Golf. If so, what is your handicap? Where do you play? Have you had a good season?

Would be nice to chat with fellow golfers. Cheers :)

Never thought would ever see a Professional Golfer doing this

sort of stuff you would do at crazy golf, not at a Major

Edited by Sardonixs

1 hour ago, Sardonixs said:

Never thought would ever see a Professional Golfer doing this

sort of stuff you would do at crazy golf, not at a Major

HIs explanation made it even worse I think. He could have taken anything, but took the penalty, from which he may even have benefitted, not what the rules are there for. I would never have expected it from Phil, and I'm sure we haven't heard the last of it.

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 20:32, vizzy2004 said:

Quite surprised not to see a Golf thread on here, with thousands of members there got to be plenty of weather enthusiasts out there that enjoy Golf. If so, what is your handicap? Where do you play? Have you had a good season?

Would be nice to chat with fellow golfers. Cheers :)

Hi vizzy,

I used to play a bit of golf, before I had a Brain Haemorrhage/Stroke, in September 2015 but didn't have a handicap. I'm 62 now and before my illness, I was playing quite a bit of pitch n' putt.

Like "hosting" Fantasy Sports Competitions. Hosted a Fantasy Competition on the U.S.Masters, back in April and it was a lot of fun. I will be hosting one for the Open Championship at Carnoustie, July 19th - 22nd. Would love to see you enter, when I post up details, in July.

Regards,

Tom.

Many thanks for setting-up all these competitions, Tom...The reason I don't take part is very simple: I'd never remember to enter; the monthly CET comp is about my limit.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Many thanks for setting-up all these competitions, Tom...The reason I don't take part is very simple: I'd never remember to enter; the monthly CET comp is about my limit.:D

Thanks Pete, I really enjoy hosting these "Fantasy" competitions. It's helped me get back a semblance of cognitive thinking/planning, after my brain haemorrhage/stroke.

Who can forget my rather haphazard attempt at running a Snow Depth Cup, on the S.E. thread. We were just lacking one vital commodity, SNOW!!:D

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, davehsug said:

HIs explanation made it even worse I think. He could have taken anything, but took the penalty, from which he may even have benefitted, not what the rules are there for. I would never have expected it from Phil, and I'm sure we haven't heard the last of it.

Yup, he deliberately stopped the ball knowing that the penalty would probably be the lesser of two evils and didn't seem that bothered in admitting doing so.

Not playing the ball when is motion is a fundamental part of the rules of the sport, just as not using your hands is in football or passing backwards is in rugby, completely wrong that Mickelson though it was ok to do so for gain. 

1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

. I think Jordan Spieth will win the Open.

Tiger Woods has made a bit of a comeback.

I agree Kevin, he's looking very ominous. It's days, like today, that I wish I still had Sky Sports. But I'm on disability benefits, lost my job when I suffered a Brain Haemorrhage/Stoke, in 2015, can't afford Sky now. 

Last day of the Open, is one of my favourite days, in the sporting calendar. I think it's one of those events that should remain on terrestrial television, for the masses!! Really fed up with Sky for "creaming off", top sporting events!!

Had I been well, I would have been working ( I used to work every Sunday, in a Bookmaker's Credit Office). The company I worked for, took "fortunes" on golf but they were bought out, two years ago. I would've still been working for a Bookmaker's somewhere, no doubt though!!!

Bookmaker's, no doubt, will take fortunes this afternoon with only four shots, covering a dozen players. I suppose "hosting" the ""Fantasy" Open Competition, is the next best thing and helps me, relive the "buzz" and "craic", of a big sporting week. Here are the current Bookmaker's Odds, for the Open

15/8

Jordan Spieth
9/2

Xander Schauffele
11/2

Kevin Kisner

14/1

Francesco Molinari
14/1

Rory McIlroy
14/1

Tiger Woods

16/1

Tommy Fleetwood
20/1

Kevin Chappell
22/1

Alex Noren

33/1

Justin Rose
33/1

Matt Kuchar
33/1

Zach Johnson      50/1 bar .

Edited by TomSE12

Well done Francesco Molinari on becoming champion, it was very good final day. 

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 1

Fantastic to see Molinari win. He's been just about the best in the world Tee to green for about 5 years, now he's become a "decent enough" putter, he's getting the rewards he deserves. A stalwart of the European Ryder cup team & the Tour.

• Like 2

Ryder Cup Europe team

Captain

Thomas Bjorn

Automatic qualifiers

Francesco Molinari

Justin Rose

Tyrrell Hatton

Tommy Fleetwood

Jon Rahm

Rory McIlroy

Alex Noren

Thorbjorn Olesen

Wild Cards

Paul Casey

Sergio Garcia

Ian Poulter

Henrik Stenson

Looks a very good team, the wildcards are all people you might have expected to qualify anyway and only strengthen the team. Love the course, the French open is just about my favourite tournament because of it. Come on Europe! Let's win this before those dastardly Brexiters try and force us to leave something else 😡

Edited by davehsug
  • Like 2

Delighted at this. I grew up in the same town as Justin, he was always in the local news for very impressive scores at out local golf course even at the age of 13/14 — I believe he now sometimes coaches on the same local course for free. Top man! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Always been a fan of Justin so a shame that winning the FedEX going to be overshadowed.  Not many golfers (if any) who have Order of Merit, FedEx (or there equivalents) a major and world number one (plus Olympic gold) on their CV's.  Probably needs to get a couple more majors under his belt to get more widespread recognition that his talent deserves. 

25 minutes ago, Sardonixs said:

Always been a fan of Justin so a shame that winning the FedEX going to be overshadowed.  Not many golfers (if any) who have Order of Merit, FedEx (or there equivalents) a major and world number one (plus Olympic gold) on their CV's.  Probably needs to get a couple more majors under his belt to get more widespread recognition that his talent deserves. 

I'm sure the 10 million dollars will be a consolation. :smile:

I watched this last night, and the crowds following Woods were phenomenal. He's still box office. It was also quite funny hearing Rory shout "I can't hit a f**king fairway" after hooking a drive.

Friday's fourballs matches - Start times are BST

0710 Justin Rose and Jon Rahm vs Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau

0725 Rory McIlroy and Thorbjorn Olesen vs Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler

0740 Paul Casey and Tyrrell Hatton vs Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas

0755 Francesco Molinari and Tommy Fleetwood vs Patrick Reed and Tiger Woods

Sky Sports have signed a new 4 year deal to keep Golf on Sky until at least 2022

The new deal includes

European Tour golf for another 4 years

The next 2 Ryder Cups from Wisconsin 2020 and Rome 2022

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12040/11510438/sky-sports-and-european-tour-extend-partnership-until-2022

Lets see if Tiger Wood's red and white army can do it and retain the Ryder cup for the first time in ages.