Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mokidugway

Is there water on Mars ?

I presume we're talking liquid water here, as we already know there's water ice and a small amount of vapour in the atmosphere. Exciting if the case!

As for liquid water, I suppose it depends on whether there is any residual heat left in the core - if there is then there would be the possibility of underground water. 

As we are finding out from other planets and moons gravitational stresses can cause significant warming in the interiors of planets and moons sufficient for liquid water to exist.

Mars does not have any large moons but there would be the effect of the sun and of other planets etc when they get in particular positions but the question really is would it be sufficient heat to maintain liquid water.

Otherwise as previously said there is a little water vapour in the atmosphere and it is believe water ice on the surface.

Logic tells me if they're making an announcement then surely there is?

Logic tells me if they're making an announcement then surely there is?

NASA: Water found on Mars,I was doing the before it was official news part above,they`ve known all along just preparing the public for all these revelations very very slowly. :lazy:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/09/nasa-water-mars-150928111344570.html