Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spikecollie

Skin picking

Gross topic, but does anyone else do it?

I gave up nail biting, but still nibble occasionally. But in replacement I pick/nibble the skin around my finger nails and sometimes above.

I gave up nail biting, but still nibble occasionally. But in replacement I pick/nibble the skin around my finger nails and sometimes above.

Aye, same here...zit-zapping, nail biting, skin picking...Sounds like Pepsi Cola! :yahoo:

Aye, same here...zit-zapping, nail biting, skin picking...Sounds like Pepsi Cola! :yahoo:

Oh so nice to have another admission! I'm Ed and I'm a skin picker etc..

I too love the zit-popping. My other half lets me do any picking or unpicking because he says I am so good at it. Physical therapy at its best!

Drinking ,gambling ,smoking ,prescription drug abuse and over eating aside ,I don't have any bad habits :0...

Oh so nice to have another admission! I'm Ed and I'm a skin picker etc..

I too love the zit-popping. My other half lets me do any picking or unpicking because he says I am so good at it. Physical therapy at its best!

I forgot about scab-picking!

I forgot about scab-picking!

Don't get me started!

Mosquito bites that go on for weeks because I can't leave them alone. Scabs on my heels from footwear that has rubbed (especially in the heat over here in France) that I pick at. Agghhh, just anything. It's a comfort and control behaviour I'm sad to reveal! So we're Freudian neurotics...

I know: gnats, midges, mozzies...nibble, nibble, nibble. And,as you say, mozzie-bites hurt for weeks!

Both, when the nail goes I start on the skin, I have good and bad periods so they get a chance to revive.