Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

EFL Cup And The Emirates FA Cup Discussion

Semi final TV games announced

Man City v Brighton April 6th 17:30 BBC 1

Watford v Wolves April 7th 16:00 BT Sport

Have to say, fair play Dingles. Thoroughly deserved to get to the cup final after beating Liverpool and United, I just wish Albion gave a toss about the cup competitions while we were finishing in the top half. Give me a cup final over finishing 8th in the PL any day of the week.

4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Have to say, fair play Dingles. Thoroughly deserved to get to the cup final after beating Liverpool and United, I just wish Albion gave a toss about the cup competitions while we were finishing in the top half. Give me a cup final over finishing 8th in the PL any day of the week.

Chin up nick, your still looking good for the play offs! Mind you villa are gonna be a real threat 👍

1 minute ago, Mattwolves said:

Chin up nick, your still looking good for the play offs! Mind you villa are gonna be a real threat 👍

We ain't got a hope in hell. Totally ballsed up this season!

3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

watford r rubbish, Wolves got easy draw, @Mattwolves surprised to see you posting on model thread?

Yeh its been a nightmare trying to post while watching the game from the pub! I wanted to go but had know chance with the tickets, they went instantly 👍

GET IN WATFORD YOU BEAUTIES.

16 minutes ago, Nick L said:

3-2 Watford, not that I can watch the damn thing, it's on BT sport

Well, that was fantastic.

1 hour ago, Nick L said:

Yeh, enjoy the championship next year. 

Great Day out   Not the result i wanted  but its been a fantastic season   bring on 19/20 

In all seriousness though, credit to both Watford and Wolves. It's great to see two well supported, historic football clubs (as much as I despise one of them) treating the FA Cup with the respect it deserves. The atmosphere of a Man City v Chelsea semi-final for example wouldn't have been even 10% of what it was yesterday.

Anybody who says that the cups don't matter to real football fans needs to give their head a wobble. Getting to a cup final will always trump finishing 10th in the PL, always. Maybe not to the bank balance of the football club but that's not my primary concern...

Posted (edited)

BT are set to lose the FA Cup rights from the start of the 2021-22 season with ITV picking up the 4-year contract meaning the longest period of joint free to air coverage since the 1980s

The new contract will see the following

BBC - Up to 18 live matches a season + highlights on Match of the day and continuing to show the final

ITV - Up to 30 games a season including the final

Edited by Summer Sun

Today's FA Cup final will be available in 4K UHD via the BBC iPlayer

A minimum speed of 40Mbps is required for the full 3840-pixel picture

A minimum speed of 20Mbps is required for the 2560-pixel feed

Man City are going to make history by becoming the 1st side to win the domestic treble in England

2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Man City are going to make history by becoming the 1st side to win the domestic treble in England

Manager Pep Guardiola says Manchester City will not be the first side to win an English domestic treble should they beat Watford in the FA Cup final because "the women have done it".
*  I knew you were talking the men really SS   🙂