Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

EFL Cup And The Emirates FA Cup Discussion

1 minute ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Sarri just basically quite on the job? Kepa.. Oh dear what the hell just happened

Wow, was he mad at that keeper refusing to come off. Extraordinary scenes.

Arrizabalaga has probably played his last game for Chelsea regardless of what happens in the next few minutes

Jermaine Jenas is full of utter **** at times. Claiming that Sarri is sulking because he didn't get his way! Disgraceful from the keeper.

8 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Arrizabalaga has probably played his last game for Chelsea regardless of what happens in the next few minutes

Didn’t he cost 60 million odd quid? That could be a problem. What a weapon, though. Should’ve saved Aguerro’s pen too.

Never seen a player refuse to come off before. Kepa was completely out of  order. Saying that though Sarri's reaction was pretty bad too, looking as if he was walking out of the stadium and then Rudiger having to hold him back. He has clearly lost the dressing room as Luiz barely put in the effort to tell him to go off.

Couldn't happen to a worse club though so I had a smug grin watching it unfold. Awful club with an awful transfer policy and they treat their youth players terribly. Good to see they have a transfer ban for two windows and hopefully they will go further on the decline.

15 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

What a load of crap . He ( Sarri lost control ) 

Yup he has, I do have quite a lot of sympathy for Sarri though even if I think he could have handled it a bit better. It's quite disturbing that no players back the manager, the players are clearly pulling the strings at the club. It's pretty sad really, players paid ridiculous amounts and as a result have huge egos to go with them.

I'm surprised he backed down afterwards, how would have Fergie reacted?

1 hour ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

Yup he has, I do have quite a lot of sympathy for Sarri though even if I think he could have handled it a bit better. It's quite disturbing that no players back the manager, the players are clearly pulling the strings at the club. It's pretty sad really, players paid ridiculous amounts and as a result have huge egos to go with them.

I'm surprised he backed down afterwards, how would have Fergie reacted?

Beckham once found out how Fergie can react

I doubt any player with sense would even dare argue with Fergie

Absolute class from Sarri in response to the incident. Not throwing the player under the bus under the gaze of the media but you can bet your bottom dollar it's sorted internally. 

Anyone who supports the player over the manager in this situation needs their head examined. In pretty much any other line of work it'd be deemed as gross misconduct and a suspension and/or sacking.

Should ditch this trophy and just have it without premiership teams in it. Not because of what happened today, just give teams from other leagues a chance to win a trophy.

Chelsea have decided to fine Kepa how much he'll actually miss one weeks wages is open to debate...

Q-Final weekend and VAR will be used at the following games

Watford v Crystal Palace 12:15 - 16/3
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester United 19:55 - 16/3

Swansea City v Manchester City & Millwall v Brighton & Hove Albion will not have VAR as these fixtures are at non premier league grounds

Amazening watching Man City make so many basic errors when going forward. They should know better. At the moment they deserve to be two down.

Posted (edited)

Goal back very dubious pen indeed which is scored. Underserved equaliser. Ah own goal.

Edited by The PIT

Another poor decision offside goal given.