Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanR

just for fun... when will be the next 'proper' above average month

just like predicting the monthy cets, its really just some fun gueswork !    and with april being the last proper above average, where the '61 to '90 and '81 to '10   are both above,   and september looking likely to be be below as well.  any one like to take a guess,

who will be right,  looks like a hard task to get both stats be above at the moment due to the cold atlantic, could be interesting

to be honest i have not got a clue, i would imagine most of this years months to be below of whats left,

i will go for january 

the thread closes when we get an above average on both stats ,  could be a long one this :rofl:

oh ! could be short thread after all, still sticking with  jan2016  

As long as the above average N Atlantic SSTs persist it will be difficult to achieve a well above average CET with our prevailing Westerlies

Hopefully the next 6 months will all be below average  :D So next April sounds fine. 

November. I can't see the storm potential falling in the Atlantic over autumn, which will eventually mean a westerly wind produces above average temperatures

May 2016 I reckon

December, you just know it.

I think so, and wetter than average as well, probably one of the most 'westerly' Decembers on record

I was going to say February but then remembered the year ends in 6, which have a lot of cold Februaries. So I'll go for March.

Well October is the cut off point at which I prefer below average temps, so by that measure I guarantee it will be above average.

It's going to be October.

No it's not, hopefully a good few years yet, Winter is going to be very cold. :cold: