Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

Aviation Thread

Gatwick has reopened after drones shut the airport down for more than 30 hours 

Around 700 flights are expected to depart today with 100 cancelled so far

Arrivals are also still badly affected

6868.thumb.png.b09909cb41671374251f89577635d089.png

Departures at London heathrow suspended following a drone sighting. Flights are still landing with the NPAS London helicopter overhead searching.

Posted (edited)

FGS. 

I 100% believe nimbys are responsible for the Gatwick disruption.

Edited by Lauren

On 08/01/2019 at 18:23, Lauren said:

FGS. 

I 100% believe nimbys are responsible for the Gatwick disruption.

Amazing there is no photographic evidence 😁

On 11/01/2019 at 15:50, Light Without Heat said:

Amazing there is no photographic evidence 😁

Gatwick was a classic false flag. If there were drones, they were flown by paid staffers or secret service. The plan was to cause disruption to the general public at a high profile time of year. Thereby creating anti-drone sentiment. Thereby paving the way for tighter legislation. By the next day politicians were talking about new or tougher drone legistlation. So predictable. Many of the rules, regs and laws that go through parliament and into statute are manufactured this way. For sure, on occasion there are genuin accidents but many times what seems happenstance is a government/whitehall controled carefully planned operation in order to prepare the ground for whatever legistlation they want to put on the statute books. Notice how two unconnected people were arrested which made the headlines. Then subsequently released without charge. They were acceptable collateral damage in order to make the plot realistic. For exampe, their watertight aliby was ignored by the plod for days. This is how the world works folks

There was an additional side benefit to the drone story - it changed the headlines away from Theresa May and the Brexit debarcle. How convenient. It provided a public distraction until everone starting focusing on Xmas and the New Year.

Edited by nwextremeweather

26 minutes ago, nwextremeweather said:

Gatwick was a classic false flag. If there were drones, they were flown by paid staffers or secret service. The plan was to cause disruption to the general public at a high profile time of year. Thereby creating anti-drone sentiment. Thereby paving the way for tighter legislation. By the next day politicians were talking about new or tougher drone legistlation. So predictable. Many of the rules, regs and laws that go through parliament and into statute are manufactured this way. For sure, on occasion there are genuin accidents but many times what seems happenstance is a government/whitehall controled carefully planned operation in order to prepare the ground for whatever legistlation they want to put on the statute books. Notice how two unconnected people were arrested which made the headlines. Then subsequently released without charge. They were acceptable collateral damage in order to make the plot realistic. For exampe, their watertight aliby was ignored by the plod for days. This is how the world works folks

There was an additional side benefit to the drone story - it changed the headlines away from Theresa May and the Brexit debarcle. How convenient. It provided a public distraction until everone starting focusing on Xmas and the New Year.

Very well put mate. Its mind boggling 

Anyone been to Sleap Airfield. It was a nice little spot when I was last there. There was a little WW2 museum, a WW2 control tower (still in use) and a cafe in part of the control tower. You can stand and watch the runway from where they would have done in 1940. Awesome

7 British nationals are believed to be amongst 157 people killed after an Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max 8 crashed shortly after take off from Addis Ababa

18 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

7 British nationals are believed to be amongst 157 people killed after an Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max 8 crashed shortly after take off from Addis Ababa

Tragic!! - and avoidable?    Seems very similar to  the recent Lion Air crash where another brand new 737 Max 8 accelerated and dived into the ground/sea shortly after takeoff. Fault with anti stall system? Boeing need to sort this urgently!!

I'm not a nervous flyer - but having checked my upcoming flights I see that I'm booked on a Westjet 737 Max 8 in a couple of months - can't cee myself boarding that flight at the moment.

Ethiopia, China and the Cayman Islands have grounded the 737 Max 8

Other operators including Southwest Airlines and American Airlines are continuing to use it for now but are obviously keeping a very close eye on the situation

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Tragic!! - and avoidable?    Seems very similar to  the recent Lion Air crash where another brand new 737 Max 8 accelerated and dived into the ground/sea shortly after takeoff. Fault with anti stall system? Boeing need to sort this urgently!!

I'm not a nervous flyer - but having checked my upcoming flights I see that I'm booked on a Westjet 737 Max 8 in a couple of months - can't cee myself boarding that flight at the moment.

Looks like it had Negative vertical speed on take off which is what the Lion Air 737 Max 8 had

Posted (edited)

Singapore and Australia have temporarily suspended the Boeing 737 Max from flying into and out of their countries.

The 737 Max 8 continues to operate in the UK and USA

Edited by Summer Sun

Breaking: Boeing 737 Max-8 aircraft banned from UK airspace

Irish Aviation Authority has banned all Boeing 737 Max aircraft in its airspace

Sensible decision to ground. Both had similar issues that seemed to result in the crash and other pilots have reported autothrottle and spontaneous nose down on the Max.