Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

Aviation Thread

What a farce, and such a fantastic way to ensure 'repeat business' from the tourists stuck in the resort/airport i.e when choosing your next holiday, maybe Spain is a safer bet.

It depends. If they are diverting because there is no more space to handle aircraft, then fair enough, but if it's a money making exercise then shame on them.

Always mindful that 'sources close to' are somewhat suspect, this account is chilling in what it must have been like for all souls aboard the aircraft.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.francetvinfo.fr%2Fmonde%2Fafrique%2Fcrash-d-un-avion-russe-en-egypte%2Finfo-france-2-crash-de-l-avion-russe-dans-le-sinai-il-y-a-bien-eu-une-explosion-en-vol-et-elle-n-est-pas-d-origine-accidentelle-indiquent-les-boites-noires_1162873.html&edit-text=

"Suddenly, nothing"

Questioned by AFP, a source close to the matter indicates that a black box confirms the character "brutal, sudden" event. "Everything is normal, absolutely normal during the flight, and suddenly nothing," said this source. "This goes in the direction of the suddenness, the immediacy of the event," she added, while the two black boxes, the flight parameters and the one containing the conversations of the crew, were analyzed.

The analysis on French TV is very graphic, about burns etc., it's tough listening and watching but it's something the world needs to hear. I have to fly quite a bit between now and the end of the year, and on reflection I still feel as safe as I did before this atrocity. We must not let these brutes make us feel otherwise...

KLM is now refusing hold baggage between Cairo and AMS.

Always mindful that 'sources close to' are somewhat suspect, this account is chilling in what it must have been like for all souls aboard the aircraft.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.francetvinfo.fr%2Fmonde%2Fafrique%2Fcrash-d-un-avion-russe-en-egypte%2Finfo-france-2-crash-de-l-avion-russe-dans-le-sinai-il-y-a-bien-eu-une-explosion-en-vol-et-elle-n-est-pas-d-origine-accidentelle-indiquent-les-boites-noires_1162873.html&edit-text=

"Suddenly, nothing"

Questioned by AFP, a source close to the matter indicates that a black box confirms the character "brutal, sudden" event. "Everything is normal, absolutely normal during the flight, and suddenly nothing," said this source. "This goes in the direction of the suddenness, the immediacy of the event," she added, while the two black boxes, the flight parameters and the one containing the conversations of the crew, were analyzed.

The translation in the link is a little rough, but folks will get the gist. The description, as I said just now is very graphic on French TV, but French experts have been heavily involved in the analysis of the FDR and CVR data, and this country has a strong reason to describe the horror these brutes wreaked.

@SkyNewsBreak

Update - France 2 TV: "explosion can be heard during flight" according to "investigator with access to black box" of Russian plane

It is very likely they would have died instantly or very quickly due to hypoxia, freezing temperatures and blast force from the alleged bomb.

Worrying news;

Russian press are now questioning whether British Intelligence (MI6) planted a bomb on Metrojet 9268 rather than Isis.

"But here is a big one. The confidence by which these assessments of terror methodology are being made raises an even more troubling, darker question: was it really terrorists, or was it British MI6 agents palming the deed off as terrorists?"

Note Sputnik News or Rossiya Segodnya is directly owned and operated by the Russian government

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151106/1029694767/sinai-isil-russia-a321-crash.html#ixzz3qk4mL8ig

It is very likely they would have died instantly or very quickly due to hypoxia, freezing temperatures and blast force from the alleged bomb.

Two people in the Lockerbie terrorist attack had survivable injuries (one just a broken leg), but both died of hypothermia on the ground because it took so long for rescuers to find them...I really hope people die instantly in such ghastly events, but I wonder...

Worrying news;

Russian press are now questioning whether British Intelligence (MI6) planted a bomb on Metrojet 9268 rather than Isis.

"But here is a big one. The confidence by which these assessments of terror methodology are being made raises an even more troubling, darker question: was it really terrorists, or was it British MI6 agents palming the deed off as terrorists?"

Note Sputnik News or Rossiya Segodnya is directly owned and operated by the Russian government

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151106/1029694767/sinai-isil-russia-a321-crash.html#ixzz3qk4mL8ig

LOL at the Russian media.

Two people in the Lockerbie terrorist attack had survivable injuries (one just a broken leg), but both died of hypothermia on the ground because it took so long for rescuers to find them...I really hope people die instantly in such ghastly events, but I wonder...

It's slightly misleading because although they had 'survivable injruies' they were declared to have died before or on impact. Some of the things that will kill you in that situation (such as hypoxia) are not traceable after death, so it's possible they died very quickly, but appeared not to in the forensics. People do survive falling from aircraft, but normally only in very exceptional circumstances, such as having something parachute them or cushion their landing. The difference is though, that on most of those occasions there was not a bomb on board, which in a pressurised tube, is far more devastating and deadly than if it were on the ground.

I would think that most, if not all died within seconds, those that don't are really too horrifying to think about.

Edited by Lauren

French news now discussing the small amount of explosive needed and mentioning Lockerbie. Bringing back horrible memories of that night...

BBC news now saying that an air crash investigator has told reuters that they are now 90% sure the explosion was a bomb, although this remains unconfirmed. 

North Terminal at LGW evacuated after suspicious package

Found,latest twitter feeds are indicating that firearms have

Been found

C.S

Seemingly a French passenger with guns in his bag. Well done border security, another potential disaster stopped.

Seemingly a French passenger with guns in his bag. Well done border security, another potential disaster stopped.

guns in his bag ?? What a prick ..

I was behind someone a few years ago at Kiev airport who was arrested and hauled in after two guns were found in his hand luggage!

That took them longer than usual to find. I fear for the type of retaliation Russia will dish out.

Easy Jet has confirmed it has cancelled all flights to and from Sharm el sheikh until Wednesday 6th January

British Airways has confirmed it has cancelled all flights to and from Sharm el sheikh until until Thursday 14th January

Edited by Summer Sun

It's weather like that where the boys and girls up front really earn their money.

My friend and colleague is flying out of Leeds and meeting me in Nuremberg on Wednesday - hope all the disruption is out of the way by then. Ah, and I've got Paris by train and RER and then CDG to negotiate...eeek!