Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 1 September 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Just had an intense rain and hail storm, leaving floods everywhere there was some decent thunder and lightening in there too, better than any plumes have to offer here that's for sure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very heavy rain here recently. Confused as to why I haven't heard thunder though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Don't know if there was any thunder at home last night, as am currently in Holyhead. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Do not think my eyes were kidding me, I have definitely made out those cells that were over NW England from Just outside Peterborough in the fens.

That's the beauty of clear days in the fens!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Two funnels just observed off the coast of Shoreham by Sea, Sussex at approximately 4pm this afternoon. 

attachicon.giffunnel1_1024768.jpg

attachicon.giffunnel3_1024768.jpg

attachicon.giffunnel4_1024768.jpg

Lovely stuff,thanks' for the photo's :clapping:

as for here ,there was no storms but the cloudscapes was breathtaking,here is a few snaps from today

here is the same cell that Winter Cold was on about earlier,there was a low cloud base that looked like it was rotating

post-16960-0-93678700-1441140313_thumb.j

here is a line of convective stuff developing to the NE of me

post-16960-0-75180400-1441140428_thumb.jpost-16960-0-23064900-1441140480_thumb.jpost-16960-0-33521700-1441140568_thumb.jpost-16960-0-94058300-1441140617_thumb.jpost-16960-0-67167200-1441140666_thumb.jpost-16960-0-01933300-1441140714_thumb.j

check out this dark cloudbase with the cb's in the distance,lovely contrast :D

post-16960-0-53592100-1441140761_thumb.jpost-16960-0-10532300-1441140807_thumb.jpost-16960-0-67564100-1441140850_thumb.jpost-16960-0-55794500-1441141065_thumb.jpost-16960-0-55794500-1441141065_thumb.j  oh mamma  post-16960-0-58000200-1441141128_thumb.j

and some sunset tops,stunning :)

post-16960-0-16442300-1441141368_thumb.jpost-16960-0-14458700-1441141320_thumb.j

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Reckon the prime spots tomorrow will be Shropshire to Derbyshire and down towards Hereford/worcs/West Midlands and Oxfordshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

A very convective and showery opening to autumn 2015:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

A very convective and showery opening to autumn 2015:

Nice timelapse, I enjoyed that one thanks.

Just followed you on twitter.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windy, rumbly, flashy or snowy.

Estofex is out for 0600 tmrw, and has me almost dead centre on a 15% lightning chance. But I can't understand why.! X

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Nice timelapse, I enjoyed that one thanks.

Just followed you on twitter.

Cheers. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

UKWW have a forecast out for tomorrow covering a large swathe of the South - chances are for slightly higher chances of convective activity than was the case today in the north.

Time will tell!

Posted

10 Flood alerts and 45 Flood warnings been issued for parts east coast at risk  Some on the west even been issued.  This due spring tides and storm which bringing higher waves with the wind direction and its strength has possibility to test or breach defences.  

Edited by vladthemert

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

10 Flood alerts and 45 Flood warnings been issued for parts east coast at risk  Some on the west even been issued.  This due spring tides and storm which bringing higher waves with the wind direction and its strength has possibility to test or breach defences.

Hopefully no storm surge due.

Posted

Fantastic watching cells develop near the Southport area against a twilight backdrop. They have really developed in the last half hour.

I think they have just produced a lightning flash,

Did a time-lapse of the cells development even caught the lightning flash

• Like 2

Posted

noticed this through my living room window, was hoping it might produce lightning,  one flash I saw too :nonono:    , a weak cell, but it looked very impressive and imposing as it towered towards me , was hoping that backbuilding one would go electrical too but never did

Edited by IanR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I'm hoping for some heavy showers/downpours later on today here, maybe a few rumbles thrown in. :D

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

CONVECTIVE / STORM FORECAST WEDNESDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER

Valid; 02/09/2015 0600z to 03/09/2015 0600z

post-1052-0-25013400-1441182466_thumb.pn

Synopsis

Upper and collocated surface lows will reside over the North Sea on Wednesday with a ridge of high pressure to the west over the Atlantic extending N towards Iceland. A cool and unstable northerly flow covers the UK, bringing another day of showers and thunderstorms locally.

... ENGLAND AND WALES ...

A pool of cold mid-level temperatures (AOB -20C at 500 hPa) will spread south across England and Wales today, creating steep lapse rates with surface heating in sunny spells. So heavy showers and some thunderstorms will likely develop inland as diurnal heating increases. Vertical shear will be weak, so storms will be short-lived and unlikely to produce severe weather, though heavy showers/storms may organise into clusters/lines near one or two troughs moving south in the polar flow, bringing a risk of localised flooding. Also storms may produce small hail and gusty winds.

Like yesterday, one or two funnels clouds may develop where local wind convergence occurs  -  funnels or even waterspouts most likely offshore over the English Channel and perhaps southwestern coasts of England and Wales, where warm SSTs create buoyant updafts into the cold air aloft which will be prone to rotate along wind convergence zones just off the coasts.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 4

Posted

has there actually been any notable thundery activity anywhere today, tbh this set up wasn't going to be a thunderfest was it,  bring back the warm southerly plumes  !