Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 1 September 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Plus I've seen visible lightning before now from cells way to the N around Lancaster!

The storms here are currently 20km away and they are lighting up the sky!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I know it's not the storm chase usa thread but if you want to see a good storm,check out Kelley williamsons live feed here:D

https://tvnweather.com/live/chasers/847783620

sorry for the dropout in signal on his feed,must be a bad area.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

some 'fresh' strikes just detected to the south of Bournemouth, about 10 miles off shore, can anyone in the area confirm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

some 'fresh' strikes just detected to the south of Bournemouth, about 10 miles off shore, can anyone in the area confirm?

I've just turned my lightning detector on. Fingers crossed! 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Nouska said:

That was one of the more spectacular storms in terms of CG lightning, hail and gusts - even more impressive, we still have power and internet service.

l8BDt6z.gif

I've had distant lightning all evening and night here in Limousin, nothing overhead or close as yet. It looked good in your direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I have to say, even though there was a lot of convective potential around, what came out of it was not at all brilliant. At first, areas to the east were supposed to get the brunt of it but only Cornwall ended up with something!

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Everything stayed in the distance here in Limousin last night, but some of the lightning which lit up almost the whole sky was stunning. About 0100 the flashes were brighter and closer and thunder just about audible. The rain started and was incredibly loud, with hail mixed in. I've got used to the noise that the deluges make around the house so I drifted off to sleep but I think it rained most of the night. Heavy showers this morning and more t-storm activity forecast for this afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

southern coastal counties could see similar to what happened yesterday later on it seems. Potential imports from NE France and BeNeLux for east Anglia and Kent later on too. It isn't looking too bad for mid April I must say!! 

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

southern coastal counties could see similar to what happened yesterday later on it seems. Potential imports from NE France and BeNeLux for east Anglia and Kent later on too. It isn't looking too bad for mid April I must say!! 

Wait? Even here? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Looking forward to seeing some distant lightning after dark from a decent vantage point somewhere down this way tonight. Perhaps even some full-on overhead elevated stuff if very very lucky... Definitely good potential for us southerners later and hopefully a nice taster for what's to come later this summer - fingers crossed!

Posted

Lots of Cumulus clouds are now starting to turn into Towering Cumulus clouds here. There could be well be some localised torrential downpours today with hail and thunder. I'll be in Exeter this afternoon so hopefully something forms there, I have a better chance than here as a sea breeze is starting to form.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Meanwhile in Bristol, it's still 8C with persistent rain, and looks and feels like November haha. Need this band of rain to do one and allow it to warm up a bit!

Edited by MP-R
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Feeling warm in the fens here! Quite a hazy sky and looks to be towering cumulus starting to form. This evening could be interesting. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I think tomorrow needs an eye keeping on across Dorset, North Devon, Somerset and Bristol area, some strong areas of Cape and LI, some very intense looking surface based showers showing on the charts, relatively chilly uppers with temperatures aswell around 15-16'c, think there could be a few surprises in them areas tomorrow! North Devon to me looks the most interesting.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
11 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

I think tomorrow needs an eye keeping on across Dorset, North Devon, Somerset and Bristol area, some strong areas of Cape and LI, some very intense looking surface based showers showing on the charts, relatively chilly uppers with temperatures aswell around 15-16'c, think there could be a few surprises in them areas tomorrow! North Devon to me looks the most interesting.

Even a chance for you?! http://www.warehamwx.com/cu/ewn/forecast.php?fl=GB&lang=en&geoid=NBEOgwdWhmOjB&city=Sandown%20Beach  Cherna-vjobivat.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Opened a new thread, click here...