Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

UEFA Champions League

1 minute ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Haaapppyyyyy 

On the balance of play, you deserved it, WSL...Congrats! Less-badly played!:oldgood:

Are you watching maaaaannnchesterrrrrr😜

Feel bad for Sissoko. Wasn't a penalty.

Finally, Klopp has won a trophy...........phew

Posted (edited)

What a guy klopp is 😂😂 just avoided another f bomb then goes on about getting half drunk on another term to what can be posted here 🤣

Edited by Summer Sun

23 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Oh, i forgot about Gerry and the Pacemakers!! Scousers have never got over their 60s music domination, only to be taken over by the Manc sound of the 90s in the North West.

Hoddle is right, to be fair, the handball rules are a nonsense. Does everyone have to do a penguin impression in the penalty area from now on? If you watch it again, Mane deliberately aims at Sissoko’s outstretched arm. It was the right decision by the rules, but should an incident like that mean an effective goal to the opposition? It’s hardly in the spirit of the game.

1 minute ago, Yarmy said:

Hoddle is right, to be fair, the handball rules are a nonsense. Does everyone have to do a penguin impression in the penalty area from now on? If you watch it again, Mane deliberately aims at Sissoko’s outstretched arm. It was the right decision by the rules, but should an incident like that mean an effective goal to the opposition? It’s hardly in the spirit of the game.

Why do you have to move your arms to a horizontal position, how can you say an athlete needs to do this, it does not make you any more mobile.

2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Why do you have to move your arms to a horizontal position, how can you say an athlete needs to do this, it does not make you any more mobile.

He was pointing, lol. But of course athletes use their arms all the time for balance, to jump, etc.

13 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

Spurs had 90 mins to equalise. Lpool were there for the taking as the game wore on. As a Spurs follower as i was disappointed with the lack of impetus and flare going forward, but i suspect the temperatures played a big part in both teams lack of urgency going forward. Spurs need a few signings but not too many that could upset the overall balance. Will Levy dig deep?

Just now, Bristle boy said:

Spurs had 90 mins to equalise. Lpool were there for the taking as the game wore on. As a Spurs follower as i was disappointed with the lack of impetus and flare going forward, but i suspect the temperatures played a big part in both teams lack of urgency going forward. Spurs need a few signings but not too many that could upset the overall balance. Will Levy dig deep?

Yeah, the game was disappointing, both teams were well below their usual levels. It was definitely there for Spurs.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bristle boy said:

Oh no! 2 months of Beatles songs on the radio and the Republic of Liverpool saying "We're back where we belong".

Suck it up. 

Over the moon here. A terrible game in terms of quality but I couldn't care less. Genuine commiserations to other Spurs fans. I know anyone can be magnanimous in victory, but I know what it's like to lose the final and it sucks. To those who simply wanted Liverpool to lose (you know who you are) - stick this up your behinds.

Allez Allez Allez

Edited by AderynCoch

20 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

Suck it up. 

Over the moon here. A terrible game in terms of quality but I couldn't care less. Genuine commiserations to other Spurs fans. I know anyone can be magnanimous in victory, but I know what it's like to lose the final and it sucks. To those who simply wanted Liverpool to lose (you know who you are) - stick this up your behinds.

Allez Allez Allez

"Suck it up" - well, thankfully for me i dont actually listen to the radio so i'll be spared Paul McC and the others 'spitting' their songs😀 

Not sure where the "Allez, Allez" comes from though

So what are you complaining about?

Honestly after five years of hearing about Gerrard falling over I have little sympathy for those going down the "Liverpool fans will be insufferable" route. You did this to yourselves.

Party on!

8 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

So what are you complaining about?

Honestly after five years of hearing about Gerrard falling over I have little sympathy for those going down the "Liverpool fans will be insufferable" route. You did this to yourselves.

Party on!

This. It's a case of them being happy  to dish it out endlessly for 5 years and hoping a club funded by a nation state "save" football in May yet apparently we are unbearable. I have been mostly sympathetic to Spurs fans because we know what it's like to lose this final just last year. But I have no time for anyone saying we were lucky or it was never a pen because apparently almost doing a Nazi salute is a completely natural arm position. We could have played for 10 hours and we wouldn't have conceded.

11 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Are you watching maaaaannnchesterrrrrr😜

A great knockout team, will never win the league though.

IMO (aside from our having lost) the biggest 'let-down' was that neither side played all that well. Also, I cannot understand (I am not a football manager) why Firmino and Kane both started: wouldn't they have been more effective had they been introduced at a time when the other players were already exhausted? I don't know...But congrats to Liverpool!

Some encouraging news for us Lillywhites is that there are reports (see Chris Cowlin's YouTube vids) suggesting that 'a lot' of money will be made available for Poch, this coming summer!:oldgood:

1 hour ago, Snowy L said:

This. It's a case of them being happy  to dish it out endlessly for 5 years and hoping a club funded by a nation state "save" football in May yet apparently we are unbearable. I have been mostly sympathetic to Spurs fans because we know what it's like to lose this final just last year. But I have no time for anyone saying we were lucky or it was never a pen because apparently almost doing a Nazi salute is a completely natural arm position. We could have played for 10 hours and we wouldn't have conceded.

Erm....could you translate please?👍

1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

A great knockout team, will never win the league though.

I will take 6 European cups though, third most successful team of all time in the competition, more than both Manchester clubs put together.

30 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

IMO (aside from our having lost) the biggest 'let-down' was that neither side played all that well. Also, I cannot understand (I am not a football manager) why Firmino and Kane both started: wouldn't they have been more effective had they been introduced at a time when the other players were already exhausted? I don't know...But congrats to Liverpool!

Some encouraging news for us Lillywhites is that there are reports (see Chris Cowlin's YouTube vids) suggesting that 'a lot' of money will be made available for Poch, this coming summer!:oldgood:

yes ed £12.99p spend it wisely 

Not gonna lie, if I was managing Spurs at this point then I would of started Moura. I think we've been playing better without Kane this season