Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

UEFA Champions League

On 02/05/2019 at 18:50, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Barca r a one man team i dont see it as tie over.. Lack of finishing cost us big time i may i add... I think we still have a great chance of going though , I can see us batter them at Anfield 

I was correct. Great performance!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Barca not as good as people make out. Soundly thumped tonight and Liverpool had a lot out injured and picked up a few on the evening.

Defensively they have been are poor for the last few seasons and are only relied on there front 3 to constantly bail them out in certain games. 

Liverpool throughly deserved this though and we could have 4 English teams all in the final of European competition, UEFA will be mad! 

Thoroughly deserved over the 2 legs.

The atmosphere at Anfield on European Nights is unbelievable, imagine actually being there.

55 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

YES!

* ON THE NICK L.

LIVERPOOL 4 NICK L 3

Don't normally post on here but I live for nights like these. Whatever happens on Sunday or in Madrid I'm so proud of how this team has performed this season. Nice to see Trent the lad from West Derby doing a number on probably the most glamorous club in the world with that corner at the end there.

There's a public holiday here tomorrow so I don't think I'll be going to bed any time soon.

English teams do seem to like a good comeback in Europe Liverpool have done it a few times over the past 10 to 15 including Istanbul in 05 like tonight they got 3 second half goals

Boro doing it twice in the UEFA cup as it was then

And of course 99 is probably the one which most remember with Man U getting 2 injury time goals to beat Barcelona

Fair play to Luis Suarez as well said he wouldn't celebrate at Anfield. He was right. He didn't.

43 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

English teams do seem to like a good comeback in Europe Liverpool have done it a few times over the past 10 to 15 including Istanbul in 05 like tonight they got 3 second half goals

Boro doing it twice in the UEFA cup as it was then

And of course 99 is probably the one which most remember with Man U getting 2 injury time goals to beat Barcelona

Seem to remember fulham battering juve in second leg after losing first around 2009 as well.

Posted (edited)

I am not afraid of Ajax and Spurs.. We will batter them... I hope Origi signs new deal.. his contract up end of next season.. i hope he signs he could be r super sub 

Edited by Wiltshire_snow_lover

Obviously not a liverpool fan.  But you can only set back and admire the heart of that team.   To have two of the top 3 attackers out of the game  and still produce 4 goals is some achievement.  i said before  take messi out of that side and they are average, But to still score fours goals is amazing    The Kop really does suck the ball in the net.  They are still in with a chance of the double.  it may seem unlikely  but after last night anything can happen.  Well done. 

This is what Champions League nights are made for

Even if Liverpool come away with nothing this season, the team keeps on improving and is young. As benitez would say, it's a special sqawwwwwwd FACT👍

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

This is what Champions League nights are made for

I couldn't resist myself from lol between 24 - 30 seconds in of that clip🤣🤣🤦‍♂️

Edited by D.V.R

3 hours ago, weirpig said:

Obviously not a liverpool fan.  But you can only set back and admire the heart of that team.   To have two of the top 3 attackers out of the game  and still produce 4 goals is some achievement.  i said before  take messi out of that side and they are average, But to still score fours goals is amazing    The Kop really does suck the ball in the net.  They are still in with a chance of the double.  it may seem unlikely  but after last night anything can happen.  Well done. 

I dont think Barca are an average team at all, the issue is there defence where in certain games falls apart quite badly and has been the case for the past few seaspns, there attacking players really covers up the cracks in that respect.

Easy to say in hindsight but im surprised Barca was not more defensive minded, especially with what happened in the first leg where they were fortunate not to concede. Their arrogance of thinking they could score one too kill the tie really badly backfired.

Just now, D.V.R said:

I couldn't resist myself from lol 27 seconds in of that clip🤣🤣🤦‍♂️

You're not the only one!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

I dont think Barca are an average team at all, the issue is there defence where in certain games falls apart quite badly and has been the case for the past few seaspns, there attacking players really covers up the cracks in that respect.

Easy to say in hindsight but im surprised Barca was not more defensive minded, especially with what happened in the first leg where they were fortunate not to concede. Their arrogance of thinking they could score one too kill the tie really badly backfired.

Different opinions and all that   but to me they are bang average   Couthino  has been a waste of space  Suarez has lost a yard of pace  and that goal against against Liverpool in the last leg was his first of the season in the champions league.  Vidal is passed it    Dembele a 100 million pound player also has done nothing.   Others such as Rakitic    cant play unless they have space with the ball.  Its a massive rebuilding job for barca  going into next season.   It still amazes me that the most wealthiest club on the planet  still only has one Striker   they needed a goal and brought on Prince   .    When the likes of Xavi and Iniesta left  thats when Barca went downhill.  granted they are doing well in their league( which is also poor)   but that team is to old and not fit enough to cope with the Klopp genga press.   

Edited by weirpig

this is why have always had a secret admiration for Liverpool..they do this stuff in Europe and are a great advert for English football and the passion that goes with it..pity the England national team cant do this at EC or WC..would be happy (hate to say it) to see Spurs win in Amsterdam later today.

Posted (edited)

Terrible start for Spurs they need 2 now with extra time out the window

Edited by Summer Sun

Bye Bye Spurs

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!:wallbash:

Liverpool have received an allocation of 16,613 tickets for the Champions League final which will be staged in the 67,830-capacity Estadio Metropolitano

Around 3,200 are priced at £60 with the rest ranging from £120 with a restricted view up to £513. 100 adult/junior combined tickets are available at £120 per pair

28 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!:wallbash:

Even more oh dear oh dear

can spurs do a liverpool?