Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

UEFA Champions League

Possibly Man City's best performance in the Champions League.

Possibly Man City's best performance in the Champions League.

Not really much competition for that accolade in fairness!

Arsenal 2-0 down in the opening 30 minutes never leave Lewandowski unmarked in the penalty area

Very poor by Arsenal. Everyone behind the ball but don't bother challenging or closing down the ball. Keep that up they're looking at five or six unless Bayern declare.

Have Arsenal even turned up?!

Nope a bunch stuffed dummies have.

Could be a real trouncing. Real risk of arsenal's qualifying for the next stage run to be over

It's okay putting everyone behind the ball but you also need someone upfront to hold the ball up as well. Arsenal haven't got that either. 

Arsenal in real danger of not even making the Europa league the game against Din. Zagreb on the 24th is going to be a must win

38 secs on pitch for Robben and scores.

Annoying thing when Arsenal do go forward look threatening and look like scoring. Wrong tactics probably from the off. Too late now.

Edited by The PIT

One back. Whinger you ballsed this one up.

Chance after chance after chance for Chelsea not taken then the inevitable happens...

Five one

Bad tactics from the off for Arsenal and despite being more positive 2nd half it was too late.

Not really much competition for that accolade in fairness!

Touche !!

Good wins for Arsenal and Chelsea last night

Arsenals win means all they need to do is beat Olympiakos in 2 weeks and they will go through on goal difference

Chelsea's 4-0 win means all they need is a point against Porto in 2 weeks and they'll be through

Good wins for Arsenal and Chelsea last night

Arsenals win means all they need to do is beat Olympiakos in 2 weeks and they will go through on goal difference

Chelsea's 4-0 win means all they need is a point against Porto in 2 weeks and they'll be through

Not quite, Arsenal have to win by 2 clear goals or if they score 3 or more goals, then one clear goal will be enough, no idea how that works but I'm sure there is some logic behind it.

So 0-1, 1-2 won't be good enough but 2-3 3-4 etc will be. I think goal difference only comes into it the head to head records are the same so if Arsenal win 2-3 then Arsenal's better goal difference would send them through. 

These type of games is what Arsenal are very good at but as per usual, they leave themselves with a mountain to climb. 

Edited by Geordiesnow

Not quite, Arsenal have to win by 2 clear goals or if they score 3 or more goals, then one clear goal will be enough, no idea how that works but I'm sure there is some logic behind it.

So 0-1, 1-2 won't be good enough but 2-3 3-4 etc will be. I think goal difference only comes into it the head to head records are the same so if Arsenal win 2-3 then Arsenal's better goal difference would send them through. 

These type of games is what Arsenal are very good at but as per usual, they leave themselves with a mountain to climb. 

Strange how it works in the Champions league as Arsenals goal difference is -1 where as Olympiakos are on -4

Strange how it works in the Champions league as Arsenals goal difference is -1 where as Olympiakos are on -4

I thought they'd win easily yesterday and Bayern too.

Olympiakos were somewhat fortunate to win 3-2 at the Emirates and I can easily see Arsenal winning by at least 2 goals in Greece. I think they need to score early though, or we might see Wenger with his usual scowl, blaming every circumstance apart from the most important one and having the booby prize Europa League... Like I said though, I think Arsenal will finish second in their table and goal difference won't be a talking point. 

Edited by Steve C