Group B:  PSV Eindhoven,  Manchester United,  CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg

Group C:  Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray, Astana,

Group D:  Juventus,  Manchester City,  Sevilla, Borussia Monchengladbach

Group E:  Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, Roma, BATE Borisov

Group F:  Bayern Munich,  Arsenal,  Olympiakos, Dinamo Zagreb

Group G:   Chelsea,  Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Group H:  Zenit Saint Petersburg, Valencia, Lyon, Gent

Edited by Summer Sun

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK

All English clubs should get through to the knockout stages. United have a long trip to Moscow, but their record is good in that city. However, no much travelling to PSV Eindhoven and Wolfsburg, should take a good portion of the away Red Army in support. Should able to see a couple of the away games.

C

Posted

All English clubs should get through to the knockout stages. United have a long trip to Moscow, but their record is good in that city. However, no much travelling to PSV Eindhoven and Wolfsburg, should take a good portion of the away Red Army in support. Should able to see a couple of the away games.C

I couldn't help but laugh at Benfica travelling to Astana. Makes Moscow look like round the corner from Manchester!

From a weather perspective, the Portuguese might need to take their thermals when they go; I'd imagine that Lisbon is a tad warmer than North-East Kazakhstan in February!

Edited by March Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

All English clubs should get through to the knockout stages. United have a long trip to Moscow, but their record is good in that city. However, no much travelling to PSV Eindhoven and Wolfsburg, should take a good portion of the away Red Army in support. Should able to see a couple of the away games.

C

2008 what a night in Moscow... Viva john Terry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Apart from Bayern, Arsenal's group looks reasonable.

Man U's group is good, only because they have drawn a relatively weak top seed. It'd have been a different kettle of fish if they'd drawn a powerhouse.

Chelsea's group looks a cinch, themselves being top seeds is only partly a factor.

Yet again City have had a very tough draw imho. Groundhog day...

Edited by Steve C

Posted

I think Utd's group is harder than people are thinking, CSKA Moscow are a decent outfit and are a side that will be used to winning so could be quite confident during the CL, Wolfsburg are a little more unknown but I think they could very well be a match for Utd and whilst PSV(and dutch football in general) are not quite the force they once were, once again, you imagine they be used to winning so they certainly be no mugs for sure. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I think Utd's group is harder than people are thinking, CSKA Moscow are a decent outfit and are a side that will be used to winning so could be quite confident during the CL, Wolfsburg are a little more unknown but I think they could very well be a match for Utd and whilst PSV(and dutch football in general) are not quite the force they once were, once again, you imagine they be used to winning so they certainly be no mugs for sure. 

I don't think their group is easy. It's only that PSV are, imho, weaker than themselves. If they had drawn someone like Barca, the group would have been a nightmare. The second toughest draw of the English clubs, I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I don't think their group is easy. It's only that PSV are, imho, weaker than themselves. If they had drawn someone like Barca, the group would have been a nightmare. The second toughest draw of the English clubs, I think.

Anything other than a comfortable top the group would be a failure for us in all honesty. All the English clubs should go through looking at that. 

Posted
  • Location: Back in Edmonton Alberta(via Chelmsford, Exeter & Calgary)
  • Location: Back in Edmonton Alberta(via Chelmsford, Exeter & Calgary)

2nd easiest you mean...Chelsea have the easiest group followed by United..then its Arsenal with City in the toughest group.

Posted

Manchester United have named David de Gea in their Champions League squad

And why would they not? He is still a United player, and one of the best keepers in the world, why the hell would we leave him out?

The biggest surprise for me is the naming of Nick Powell! He has not even got a squad number! Still find it strange he is still at the club

Edited by Andy H

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Best league in the world, don't you know.

Awful injury to Luke Shaw.

I think this is the worst thing about tonight.

A quick heads up for tomorrow

BT sport are showing Roma v Barcelona on Freeview Channel 59 (BT Showcase)

as part of their FTA requirements for this season, one game will be shown per week. .

Edited by J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Awful news on Luke Shaw suffering a suspected broken leg

No real surprise Man City lost they always seem to struggle in the champions league for some reason

Posted

Feel for Luke Shaw, was really looking like the real deal, and a great season so far!

Overall I was pleased with our performance tonight, a lot more attacking, and bossing the game, Mephis and Martial building a good relationship, and we looked fluid, until we had to force it in the last 20 mins

Would rather lose playing like that, than we did against Swansea

Good performance and on our day would of won that easily, just need to take some of the chances

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Manchester United defender Luke Shaw suffered a double fracture of the right leg and will be transferred to Manchester to be operated on, the club have announced.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm not a Utd fan, but total sympathy to the team tonight. It must be mentally tough to try and play on and get a result when seeing a team mate in agony with such a bad injury. A 2-1 defeat after the injury and the way they played does Utd no justice what so ever

Posted

The more you watch the tackle the more sickening it looks, I know we have the beauty of replays,but that is a red and penalty

That aside I would rather of seen Luke get up and carry on playing, gutted for him

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The more you watch the tackle the more sickening it looks, I know we have the beauty of replays,but that is a red and penalty

That aside I would rather of seen Luke get up and carry on playing, gutted for him

How do you not get red carded for breaking someone's leg, I didn't see the game but it all sounds ridiculous.

Posted

How do you not get red carded for breaking someone's leg, I didn't see the game but it all sounds ridiculous.

Not even a yellow card!

Must admit I shouted penalty straight away! And should of been, but it was an unfortunate challenge! And the guy you could see was gutted! But in my mind should of been red and sending off