Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Essex Easterly

Quick Survey for my assignment (Internet Usage)

Hi guys,

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this (delete if not), but I've been asked to do a survey about cloud computing for one of my emerging technologies units, and I'm not doing very well response wise!

The survey only takes 20 seconds so if you've got a small bit of time I'll really apprechiate it if you could fill it in for me, it's not hard at all, just general questions about online cloud based usage :)

Thanks !

Jason

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BltgoZJQ4Y5P5KL-DcxteESPJcAls_JRZ8gfB7p1bNs/viewform?usp=send_form

Thanks, I totally forgot about this haha, it was sent in to my tutor and all in all I think I received around 50 responses over various forums :D

Did that for you. Not the best questionnaire design in the world, I'm afraid to say, as it makes makes assumptions and doesn't allow alternatives (I teach research methods, so I hope the feedback will help). This will compromise the data you get. Some of us don't use cloud storage - I, for example, use physical means - and the options don't let you follow this through. Maybe you should have a better filter question design for this...

Did that for you. Not the best questionnaire design in the world, I'm afraid to say, as it makes makes assumptions and doesn't allow alternatives (I teach research methods, so I hope the feedback will help). This will compromise the data you get. Some of us don't use cloud storage - I, for example, use physical means - and the options don't let you follow this through. Maybe you should have a better filter question design for this...

Thanks Spkie and moki for filling it out :)

I appreciate the feedback, and I'm yet to have the assignment back from marking, but I originally wasn't even asked to 'use' the questionnaire, just design it and hand it in, so I think he will be happy that I went a little step further :) I didn't really think about any physical means lol, totally forgot that! I was thinking about adding qualitative questions into it, but didn't think I'd have much interest and wanted to get some quick simple answers (as I recorded all the answers into charts for results)

Thanks Spkie and moki for filling it out :)

I appreciate the feedback, and I'm yet to have the assignment back from marking, but I originally wasn't even asked to 'use' the questionnaire, just design it and hand it in, so I think he will be happy that I went a little step further :) I didn't really think about any physical means lol, totally forgot that! I was thinking about adding qualitative questions into it, but didn't think I'd have much interest and wanted to get some quick simple answers (as I recorded all the answers into charts for results)

Sounds like you haven't had very good guidance from your tutor!

Tried the questionnaire and agree with others it is not the best (not your fault), no mention of private clouds for example which are easy to set up these days.

Thanks for these pieces of advice, tbh my course doesn't really go into much detail with such things (It's part time one day per week) but I will for sure write these comments down so I can incorporate them into future surveys if I have any, no doubt I will!

Also, out of interest, if I was to write a more qualitative based questionnaire with more open ended answers, what would be the best way to record the results? I like to do this not only to show I've put a bit more effort in over students when not asked to, but also out of curiosity wanting to know the results myself. I'd usually use a simple pie chart for multiple choice questions, but when an answer cannot be recorded in that way, what is the norm to show the results please? :)

Thanks for these pieces of advice, tbh my course doesn't really go into much detail with such things (It's part time one day per week) but I will for sure write these comments down so I can incorporate them into future surveys if I have any, no doubt I will!

Also, out of interest, if I was to write a more qualitative based questionnaire with more open ended answers, what would be the best way to record the results? I like to do this not only to show I've put a bit more effort in over students when not asked to, but also out of curiosity wanting to know the results myself. I'd usually use a simple pie chart for multiple choice questions, but when an answer cannot be recorded in that way, what is the norm to show the results please? :)

Qualitative results are best recorded qualitatively - as quotes. Qualitative data can be quantified, by counting the times a response occurs, for example. You need to decide what you want. Think of it as richness of data, quants are easily analysed, but don't tell you why someone responded as they did. Quals are data rich but not easily reduced. The easiest way to put order on quals - make a matrix - to compare what respondent 1 said to respondent 2 on question 1 and question 2 - cut and paste the responses into boxes as appropriate, and look at the text for similarities and differences. This is called content analysis.

Annoying when students are expected to gather data and analyse it with no training in how to do it!

PM me with an email address - I'll send you some PPTs - I can't give you a tutorial, but the PPTs might help!!!

Qualitative results are best recorded qualitatively - as quotes. Qualitative data can be quantified, by counting the times a response occurs, for example. You need to decide what you want. Think of it as richness of data, quants are easily analysed, but don't tell you why someone responded as they did. Quals are data rich but not easily reduced. The easiest way to put order on quals - make a matrix - to compare what respondent 1 said to respondent 2 on question 1 and question 2 - cut and paste the responses into boxes as appropriate, and look at the text for similarities and differences. This is called content analysis.

Annoying when students are expected to gather data and analyse it with no training in how to do it!

PM me with an email address - I'll send you some PPTs - I can't give you a tutorial, but the PPTs might help!!!

Thanks again, your above reply kind of sounds simple enough :) I'll PM you my email and take a look! :)

Thanks again, your above reply kind of sounds simple enough :) I'll PM you my email and take a look! :)

Here to help! :friends:

• Weather forecasting concerns as number of aircraft observations plummet

Changes in the weather world as observations reduce from aircraft and on land in the time of global pandemic. Less initial data to input into the computer models. AMDAR AIREP Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1

Michael Fish: 21c this weekend? But windy with it

Michael Fish brings us his latest weekly forecast, looking ahead to a warm weekend with highs up to 21c possible. Next week sees one or two swings in temperature and some rain at times, but there'll be plenty of mild, often sunny weather on offer. Watch the video here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather