Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 20th August 2015 onwards

Supacell

Posted

Beautifully warm and sunny here, Got the rose chilling in the freezer and those lovely convective clouds popping up in the distance :-)

Saw some lenticular-style elements up there too, looked like little dwarf anvils some of them. Reckon the central South and South-East are in with a decent shout today...

Yes, we have had some blown over lenticular over Leicester, moved on now or dissipated.. Now small convective developments, and very warm and partial sunshine.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Wow it was clear with cirrus just a few hours ago and now I look out the window and see Cumulus everywhere. 

OH my Holy God there are some reasonable towers going up here in South Bucks.

Testing 1-2 Testing: Message to North Bucks/Midlands - storms developing, I repeat over, storms developing and heading your way. Roger that? 

NO NO NO we don't want that well I certainly don't if the weather gods are listening steer all storms round bedworth or shunt the immediately to Northern England

Posted

it seems for me according to the models the next 5 hours is what I have most worry about , after that the weather does seem to ease somewhat apart from the heavy rain developing to the west but I don't really have to worry about that at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A rather active storm in the western English channel will probably pay the likes of Dorset a visit in the next hour.

• Like 1

Posted

Very hot here now - 30C. Haha!!

Shame the convection isn't here though but 30 odd miles yonder.

Posted

don't forget folks, there's the moan threads and No Storms Club thread for those who either 1) don't like storms, 2) want to have a moan if they don't get one, 3) for those who like to moan before it's even happened, and 4) for those who just like to moan about things in general

Just to reiterate AJ's post from earlier. It is likely to get busy in here later if things go to plan so would help if we kept the discussion on-topic.

It will help myself and others out chasing too as scrolling through loads of moans can get frustrating when you are trying to get onto storms  :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Saw on radar potent shower passed through my mums village south of taunton.... Showers starting to gear up down south.... Up here up north sun out here still.... Getting lots of thunder flies and bugs atm.... Warm and humid.....

Posted

Just to reiterate AJ's post from earlier. It is likely to get busy in here later if things go to plan so would help if we kept the discussion on-topic.

It will help myself and others out chasing too as scrolling through loads of moans can get frustrating when you are trying to get onto storms  :good:

I've got the message , I'll just read from now on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

I am currently situated on the beach between hengistbury head and boscombe. The dark clouds are gathering to my south so I am expecting some rain here soon.

Posted

Absolute beast of a cell heading towards somewhere east of Exeter!!

Posted

A few little specs of precipitation breaking out over the Midlands now. Is this the start :)

I've got the message , I'll just read from now on

Gordon, it is fine to post but filling a convective discussion with lots of "please don't let it happen" has the same effect as someone filling it up with "it won't happen here".

• Like 1

Posted

storms  not far off   isle  of wright

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Skies darkening now with plenty of Ac Cas on show. Will be very surprised if something doesnt happen locally.

Posted

A few little specs of precipitation breaking out over the Midlands now. Is this the start :)

Gordon, it is fine to post but filling a convective discussion with lots of "please don't let it happen" has the same effect as someone filling it up with "it won't happen here".

OK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Just had a few big drops of rain here,cells firing up in the midlands now,won't be long :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

To be honest, I think there's a fair amount of capping going on seeing as some growing cells seem to have dissipated here in a sense. That includes the earlier photo I attached, so I suppose I retract my previous statement as the storms don't seem to be developing like I thought here. 

A line of developing cumulus to the north may well spark soon.

Eyeing developments to the south as the radar starts to pep up now. Next few hours should be fun!  :D