Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowyowl9

BBC among broadcasters to repeatedly breach Ofcom code over propaganda content

This is the same BBC who tries to hide their 30 million p.a. EU funding and who's “representative†audiences are 80/20 in favour of mass immigration when the opposite is true in reality. Not surprised in the slightest, their coverage of the SNP during the indy ref and UKIP during the general election was a disgrace.

I think you might be referring to those of us who just happen to think Nigel Farage is a pillock?? For a party that failed to get 20% support at the GE, 80:20 against, from a randomized sample of citizens, ought to be about right? :cc_confused:

This is why I always listen to the Voice of Russia (English service) for an unbiased and objective analysis of global issues.

I think you might be referring to those of us who just happen to think Nigel Farage is a pillock?? For a party that failed to get 20% support at the GE, 80:20 against, from a randomized sample of citizens, ought to be about right? :cc_confused:

If you count non-voters it was barely 10%!

If you count non-voters it was barely 10%!

Aye, they certainly have a disproportionately high degree of self-importance!

I didn't say in favour of Farage I said in favour of mass immigration. If a Labour politician says something I agree with I won't boo them just because they are not in the party I vote for, I would applaud them.

This is why I always listen to the Voice of Russia (English service) for an unbiased and objective analysis of global issues.

If we want to be talking about Russia media again,which is not the topic of this thread.

The Moscow times when I first noticed is utterly western bias.

http://journal-neo.org/2015/05/20/mh-17-and-the-moscow-times

The Moscow Times, presented in America as a major Russian newspaper with official standing and broad acceptance, is “everything but.†In actuality, it has the circulation of a small town shopping guide. It is owned by Sanoma Corporation, a shadowy media company run by Arthur Hoffman, a former employee of Booz Allen Hamilton, a CIA intelligence contracting firm. Before that he worked for Arthur Andersen, the now defunct “Big Five†accounting firm tied to CIA money laundering and “off the books†debt scams.

black propaganda.

I didn't say in favour of Farage I said in favour of mass immigration. If a Labour politician says something I agree with I won't boo them just because they are not in the party I vote for, I would applaud them.

But if 80% of the UK public really is as worried (obsessed) about 'mass immigration' as you suggest, why didn't UKIP win by a landslide?

I've only ever heard a handful of peeps bleat on and on, endlessly, about immigration, and they were all openly racist; their sentences - if that's the right word - were laced with words like 'darkies, 'coons' and 'pakis'. Neither did they know where Bongo-Bongo Land is! :D

A mix between not trusting UKIP on other issues and immigration only being the top concern for about 45 percent.

A mix between not trusting UKIP on other issues and immigration only being the top concern for about 45 percent.

And the fact that both Labour and the Cons both said (pre election bs) that worries about immigration were totally justified and if we get elected we will ....  bla bla bla......

Did they only just figure this out, I've been thinking BBC is heavy on the propaganda for years, in fact most news and some documentaries from most channels are.

Academic studies showed the BBC was clearly biased towards the pro-union side in the Scottish iref, e.g.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/john-robertson/bbc-bias-and-scots-referendum-new-report

BBC bias and the Scots referendum - new report

Dr John Robertson from University of West Scotland has just published research on bias and fairness in news reporting on the issue of the Scottish referendum, covering both ITV (STV) and BBC. Here's what he found.

The fact it is paid for through a poll tax that you can be put in jail for not paying tells you all you need to know about what it is.

For the first time in my life I'm cheering on a Tory policy; I'd love to see it broken up and sold off. Would be just deserts for BBC Scotland and such an irony.

Academic studies showed the BBC was clearly biased towards the pro-union side in the Scottish iref, e.g.

The fact it is paid for through a poll tax that you can be put in jail for not paying tells you all you need to know about what it is.

For the first time in my life I'm cheering on a Tory policy; I'd love to see it broken up and sold off. Would be just deserts for BBC Scotland and such an irony.

Yes, we desperately need to destroy the last traces of quality TV & particularly radio. Then we can all listen to LBC & watch Sky News as it quickly morphs into Fox Europe with no other credible outlet.

Yes, we desperately need to destroy the last traces of quality TV & particularly radio. Then we can all listen to LBC & watch Sky News as it quickly morphs into Fox Europe with no other credible outlet.

Totally agree Dave.

If we want to be talking about Russia media again,which is not the topic of this thread.

I realise it's not the topic of this thread which is just a blatant excuse for more BBC bashing by the usual suspects. Their obssessive myopia becomes very boring after a while.

Yes, we desperately need to destroy the last traces of quality TV & particularly radio. 

Sorry, but BBC Scotland can hardly be described as that.

I actually support the Scottish Government's position that BBC Scotland should be fully funded by Scottish license fees with broadcasting devolved to Scotland as I do see some merit in a public service broadcaster. This may yet become a lifeline for Pacific Quay, even though I'm not sure they deserve it. For now I shall relish their squirming as the Tories seek to plot their downfall; something BBC Scotland campaigned for last year in delicious irony..

For now, in Scotland, the BBC remains an essentially foreign government controlled (in terms of the independence debate) broadcaster. At least they have the grace to accept this and if you refuse to pay your license fee by stating they are biased towards the union, they will not challenge that and will leave you alone.

I for one will not forget e.g. how the BBC worked closely with the Tory-Lib UK government / pro-union campaign to gleefully bring us currencygate in fully orchestrated style. Hand in glove. They can f**k off.

To think I used to be a big fan; grew up on Phillip Schofield, Blue Peter etc. However, the BBC, designed to strengthen my sense of Britishness (the job of state TV the world over), successfully achieved the opposite once I started paying attention.

there is nothing wrong with the programmes the BBC produce just that there news content is woefully biased in favour of their own politically correct point of view..they never actually potrait both sides to the news story they often broadcast their own moral judgement on a story...which is all very good if you share their outlook on that particular topic..i find their news often very patronising to say the least and riddled with a moral suprerior content of we know best.

there is nothing wrong with the programmes the BBC produce just that there news content is woefully biased in favour of their own politically correct point of view..they never actually potrait both sides to the news story they often broadcast their own moral judgement on a story...which is all very good if you share their outlook on that particular topic..i find their news often very patronising to say the least and riddled with a moral suprerior content of we know best.

Examples?

Examples?

In terms of political bias, I linked to the work of Prof. John Robertson of the University of the West of Scotland. His speciality is media studies, and in particular, state propoganda.

His team concluded the BBC does exactly that in Scotland in terms of being biased towards the union / unionist parties.

He was even bullied by the BBC over his extensive research; classic attempt at totalitarian state repression of free speech.

http://www.thedrum.com/opinion/2014/06/30/i-was-bullied-bbc-over-academic-report-indyref-bias-scottish-media-blackout-must

I was bullied by BBC over academic report on indyref bias – the Scottish media blackout must end

Certainly the BBC is biased towards the Labour party. BBC Scotland is infested with ex candidates, ex party members, party members, and those with close friend or family links to the party.

For example, the Honourable Sarah Smith - daughter of former Labour leader John Smith and Baroness Smith of Gilmorehill  -  was flown in to front Scotland 2014 during the referendum. No chance of a conflict of interest there!

Of course that has come about because of Labour dominance of Scottish politics for so long; one of the problems of state TV.

Examples?

i dont want to get bogged down in the whole immigration saga..but examples..the BBC are reporting about the crisis in Calais and or Kos from the 'refugees' point of view but they never ask why they are there? why are they trying to get to the UK or other prosperus parts of the EU ?Why are they mostly men in thier 20s and 30s? are they refugees at all? they never asked the wider more difficult questions...they just go on about the plight of these people as though we are failing in our moral duty to help them.

The BBC may well have its faults, (and God knows I complain enough about how their reporting is often biased, or they choose to ignore or drop stories), but I'd like to know what people think would be a better alternative - privately owned media e.g. Sky, state owned media, or something else ?

Quite agree, we get enough increasingly advert filled [email protected], the majority of which is produced by far more biased right-wing corporations acting to try and swing the general population to the right through their 'news stories', far more deserving of the title propaganda than the BBC. I guess being corporations and businesses it is natural for them to be right wing and wish the public to be.

I'd rather the only real source of advert-free, relatively impartial media and most decent TV programs (at least without 5 min advert breaks every 10 mins), isn't destroyed. 

I also feel the BBC is quite a large icon of this country and being British to me.

I'm not defending the BBC's reporting of the indy ref etc, but it is probably hard to get the balance right with various ideas of what is the right balance, and it is possible to be accidentally biased. Also just because they don't fully side with your opinion doesn't make them biased (seen a few examples of this, such as some Tories getting upset and claiming bias for them not stating Dave was the clear winner in the TV debates, when the polls showed exactly that, no clear winner (a few % between them at best).

I think pretty-much as I always have: that, as the BBC is so routinely pilloried by both left- and right-wing fanatics, it must be achieving something? What does annoy me, however, (and is the reason I listen to LBC) is that the Beeb has to politically neuter its presenters; thus, IMO, it's almost certainly an unmatched source of accurate information. However, on the other hand, some of its political output an seem a tad stilted. I'd rather listen to an overtly biased politically commentator (left or right) than to someone who's effectively being prevented from stated his or her personality.

Then again, does any broadcaster, anywhere in the world, even come close to matching the Beeb, when it comes to wildlife, science and nature? I think not! :D