Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stewfox

Will you keep Tax Disc in your car ?

My car tax ran out 31st July and clearly given the new rules its not going to be replaced although I'm leaving it in the car.

In a totally unscientific survey having looked at about 30 cars on the way to work I saw many with old tax discs

I understand the reason behind it , but I'm feeling a bit nostalgic putting a new Tax disc in a and replacing the old one will never happen again.

Mine runs out at the end of the month. I'll probably keep the disc but I won't be leaving it displayed in my car. Like you say, it might feel a little strange taking it out and not replacing it with another one.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they bring in fines for those displaying expired tax discs - another nice little earner from the motorist.

Mine expires end of this month too, it's my first and last one! I'll probably keep mine.

I have left mine as a type of plinth. 

Mine expires end of this month too, it's my first and last one! I'll probably keep mine.

Mine runs out at the end of the month. I'll probably keep the disc but I won't be leaving it displayed in my car. Like you say, it might feel a little strange taking it out and not replacing it with another one.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they bring in fines for those displaying expired tax discs - another nice little earner from the motorist.

I heard from 1st April 2016 it will be against the law to have a old Tax disc in your car ??

post-7914-0-82137600-1439148189.jpg

post-7914-0-79748200-1439148278.jpg

I heard from 1st April 2016 it will be against the law to have a old Tax disc in your car ??

your getting it mixed up with a new law that comes into effect next april the 1st ,no wearing of hats or driving gloves and no chewing chewing gum when overtaking .

I think you've read some internet rumours!

I meant I'll just keep mine, not display it in the car.

your getting it mixed up with a new law that comes into effect next april the 1st ,no wearing of hats or driving gloves and no chewing chewing gum when overtaking .

eating pasties while undertaking will likley be illegal too..

My car tax ran out 31st July and clearly given the new rules its not going to be replaced although I'm leaving it in the car.

In a totally unscientific survey having looked at about 30 cars on the way to work I saw many with old tax discs

I understand the reason behind it , but I'm feeling a bit nostalgic putting a new Tax disc in a and replacing the old one will never happen again.

I suspect  laziness is the reason behind most still displaying expired tax discs rather than anything  sentimental .

made mine into dice and hanging them from the rear view mirror.

Mine is under the front seat passenger side in the drawer. Along with other years tax discs. Not got around to taking them out. may put them up for sale....

• Warm run-up to Easter but a destabilising low means sunshine and showers at the weekend

High pressure is keeping our weather settled at the moment, and in the main it'll stay that way until the end of the week. But with low pressure helping to destabilise the atmosphere this weekend, the sunshine will be joined by some heavy showers. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners

Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners - Blog by Jenny Bell WWW.NETWEATHER.TV In the first in a regular series of gardening articles, Jenny Bell gives her top tips for new gardeners who are maybe taking their first gardening steps during the lockdown.  

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather