Sign in to follow this  
Wivenswold

The Corbyn Revolution

Just now, Hocus Pocus said:

Well maybe we need to be more careful in what we write Nick as the Saudi's have terrible HR record against all non Islamic believers.

You saw my post and twisted my words. The fault was yours, not mine. I'm fully aware that they also execute those who renounce their faith in Islam, but if I sat here and went through every example of Saudi Arabia's terrible human rights record I'd be here all afternoon.

2 hours ago, Nick L said:

You saw my post and twisted my words. The fault was yours, not mine. I'm fully aware that they also execute those who renounce their faith in Islam, but if I sat here and went through every example of Saudi Arabia's terrible human rights record I'd be here all afternoon.

Hence why I stated what I did instead of just mentioning one group.

As I posted in the ME thread, support for RAF air strikes appears to be collapsing at an epic rate.

EDIT: Link to post as quoting post weirdly messed up the poll result: http://tinyurl.com/p5umgx3

Looks increasingly like Corybn may have called this one pretty well.

Edited by scottish skier

I missed this which is probably just as well otherwise I might think I'm in a parallel universe. At Labours Xmas party Corbyn quoted Enver Hoxha dubbing Hoxha a "tough ruler", Corbyn quoted Hoxha's phrase that "this year will be tougher than last year".  By any standards Hoxha was a monster and is believed to have imprisoned, tortured or executed at least 100,000 Albanians during his reign. 

Not only that Corbyn will this week attend the Christmas party of the Stop the War Coalition, which compared Isis to the International Brigades in the Spanish civil war.

Corbyn and the rest of the boys in the band may be a joke but at some point people will stop laughing.

2 hours ago, knocker said:

I missed this which is probably just as well otherwise I might think I'm in a parallel universe. At Labours Xmas party Corbyn quoted Enver Hoxha dubbing Hoxha a "tough ruler", Corbyn quoted Hoxha's phrase that "this year will be tougher than last year".  By any standards Hoxha was a monster and is believed to have imprisoned, tortured or executed at least 100,000 Albanians during his reign. 

Not only that Corbyn will this week attend the Christmas party of the Stop the War Coalition, which compared Isis to the International Brigades in the Spanish civil war.

Corbyn and the rest of the boys in the band may be a joke but at some point people will stop laughing.

I've been saying that all year, did he say he was quoting who ever Hoxha is, or is the fact that he said that and so has Hoxha enough? 

3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I've been saying that all year, did he say he was quoting who ever Hoxha is, or is the fact that he said that and so has Hoxha enough? 

I assume he mentioned him by name given that he apparently mentioned he was a tough leader. Sure adds a new dimension to the meaning of 'tough'.

23 hours ago, knocker said:

And charming Mr C intervened in the case of a man who defrauded pensioners of tens of thousands of pounds in cash by pretending to be a policeman.  Apparently the cash was going to be used to fund Daesh. He wrote to the courts supporting his bail application.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12044641/Jeremy-Corbyn-writes-letter-pleading-for-fraudster-Mohamed-Dahir-to-be-freed-for-Christmas.html

7 hours ago, solarcycle said:

And charming Mr C intervened in the case of a man who defrauded pensioners of tens of thousands of pounds in cash by pretending to be a policeman.  Apparently the cash was going to be used to fund Daesh. He wrote to the courts supporting his bail application.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12044641/Jeremy-Corbyn-writes-letter-pleading-for-fraudster-Mohamed-Dahir-to-be-freed-for-Christmas.html

Bail until trial is not a problem to me, it's not like he'll be in a position where he will still be able to do stuff. If he brakes the conditions then lock him up. That's the way it works for most people, only murders do not get bail normally. 

1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Love him or loathe him, he ain't no climate scientist...:wallbash:

He has legitimate qualifications, but because he doesn't believe the othodoxy is correct he is shunned, and rarely given any platform in the locked down media.

3 minutes ago, 4wd said:

He has legitimate qualifications, but because he doesn't believe the othodoxy is correct he is shunned, and rarely given any platform in the locked down media.

He has qualifications in astrophysics and physics, I agree. But, in climate science?

It's interesting that Jeremy Corbyn hasn't been in the news since Donald Trump started grabbing the headlines.

5 hours ago, Dougal said:

It's interesting that Jeremy Corbyn hasn't been in the news since Donald Trump started grabbing the headlines.

Are you trying to suggest it's some sort of elaborate ruse and they are in fact the same person? Some sort of extreme split personality, combined with leading-edge body suit technology?

:crazy:

3 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Are you trying to suggest it's some sort of elaborate ruse and they are in fact the same person? Some sort of extreme split personality, combined with leading-edge body suit technology?

:crazy:

Well have you ever seen them together in the same room?

15 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

He has qualifications in astrophysics and physics, I agree. But, in climate science?

A quote from PC:

"CO2 has never driven, does not drive and never will drive weather or climate. Global warming is over and it never was anything to do with CO2. CO2 is still rising but the world is now cooling and will continue to do so.... Global Warming is a deceitful political game"

Anyone that not only denies basic physics (the Greenhouse effect) but also states the opposite of reality, claiming cooling when it's warming, while at the same time attacking legitimate scientists, deserves to be shunned by the scientific community.

6 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

A quote from PC:

"CO2 has never driven, does not drive and never will drive weather or climate. Global warming is over and it never was anything to do with CO2. CO2 is still rising but the world is now cooling and will continue to do so.... Global Warming is a deceitful political game"

Anyone that not only denies basic physics (the Greenhouse effect) but also states the opposite of reality, claiming cooling when it's warming, while at the same time attacking legitimate scientists, deserves to be shunned by the scientific community.

It's hard to argue a case for him really when he comes out with stuff like that, unless of course he's stumbled upon an alternative world where the laws of physics have been altered.

7 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

A quote from PC:

lol well I hope he's liking our very early spring. 

He's doing for physics what his brother's doing for economics, and what Lysenko did for Russian agriculture - try to override the laws of science with Marxist ideology?

1 hour ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

A quote from PC:

What a strange and utterly bonkers man he is. For someone who has a strong background in physics, he seems to completely fail to grasp basic science.

1 hour ago, Nick L said:

What a strange and utterly bonkers man he is. For someone who has a strong background in physics, he seems to completely fail to grasp basic science.

Some very important bits missing from the Corbyn genome.