Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The PIT

osx why is so slow

I've got 3 macs one at work and two at home. OSX on all of them is slow. I mean you got an icore 5 or icore 7 processor and it runs like treacle. Yes I know I've encrypted them but then I've encrypted windows and Linux and they don't run like treacle.

Now in the days of snow leopard they all used to run quick. Yosemite might as well be marmite.

Gone are the days that macs just work that disappeared long ago. Now after an update something may just stop working and then you've got to wait about 4 weeks before apple bother to patch their bodged update. Actually they got more like Microsoft over the years. The latest osx releases are like vista They need the latest hard drive technology to hide the performance failings. Yes the latest macs run great but look at the hard drives they got no wonder they run fast. Put the same in my pc and it would lap osx twice before it booted up.

For some reason imovie update always borks and gets stuck. Now that's happened on two macs out of three. Now on my mac mini I've got two stuck updates for the same thing. At least Windows update once it bogs out only bogs out once on the same update.

Even better on my mac book pro windows 7 in virtual machines runs like brown stuff of a shovel. How can a virtual machine run faster and be more responsive than it's host????

Talking about Mac Book pro's they are supposed to have great battery life. Twaddle my macbook pro battery life is rubbish light load and you'll be under 40% under two hours. I've got a thinkpad twist and high performance dell laptop and they whip it's ass battery life ways. Could be faulty a faulty battery right from the factory I suppose.

Recently internet browsing has got slow. If you do  a speedest no problems there load a web page watch the circle then ever so often it will run normally.

Apple do get some things right. Works bought me an ipad air brilliant piece of kit. At the moment not even slow but no doubt os9 will fix that issue.

I'm now trying to download the El Capetian beta it's rumored it's had performance enhancements. Can't be any slower too be honest.

Does anybody know how to update Mac os X version 10.5.8 to the latest, Yosemite? I have a mac book Pro 2009 with a 2.53 GHz intel core 2 duo processor. Do i have to do it in stages? Can I run the latest version on an old mac book pro?  :unknw:

And apple are apparently going to make cars!

So imagine you iCAR-S6 is two years old and the system updates, but unless you plug your iCAR into an iGARAGE-S7 and use iFUEL-S7 it will suddenly only run at 30mph instead of 70.

And apple are apparently going to make cars!

So imagine you iCAR-S6 is two years old and the system updates, but unless you plug your iCAR into an iGARAGE-S7 and use iFUEL-S7 it will suddenly only run at 30mph instead of 70.

thank god they keep away from aircraft and weapon systems !!.