Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

July 2015 - Monthly Statistics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

This thread is for the weather statistics you have collected over July 2015. Since my computer blew up a few days ago, I haven't got mine yet, so will post them in a few days...

Posted

Average temperature for July 2015 was 20.4C, which was about 2 degress down on the 30 year average

Max Temp 31.6C on 1st july

Min Temp 15.3C on 28th July

Sunny days 5

Rain days 20

Rainfall was 77mm up on the average by 30mm

Rain Total so far 292mm

Edited by Rob Heselwood

Posted

july_zpsnjetprgu.png

July - Hobart, Tasmania

This was the first colder than average winter month since 2011. I use the 1981-2010 years to compare. Eventhough there were no significant cold outbreaks with low level snow and it was dry month, most of the rain fell and settled as snow around the mountain range behind the city leaving the mountain with a notable snowcap on most days. In recent years this hasn't happened so consistently over the span of a month. 

Average maximum:  12.1 ( -0.3 )

Average minimum:  4.4 ( -0.5 )

Rainfall: 23mm ( average 53mm )

Rain days ( +1mm ):  7/from 16

1st......A few showers developing ahead of a front.

2nd.....Cold. A shower or two. Snowline 400m

3rd-4th.......Fine and cool. High pressure approaching from the north west.

5th-8th.......Colder with a shower or two as new high centre develops to the south with onshore winds. Snowline to 800m.

9th-11th.....Fine and cool. High pressure to the east.

12th-17th......Tending colder in a SW stream with weak fronts bringing shower or two. Light snow to 800m, lowering to 500m on 17th.

18th-25th......Fine and cool. High pressure to the east.

26th-27th......Cold with a few showers behind a front with intense low passing to the south. Windy. Snow to 400m.

28th-30th......Fine and cool. High pressure over central Australia extending ridge south.

31st........Colder but mainly dry behind a frontal change. Light snow 800m.

Extremes in daily temperature for July ( Records since 1882 ):

Highest maximum:  15.3.....4th ( Record 22.1 in  1901 )

Lowest maximum:  8.1......6th,17th ( Record 4.7 in 1888 )

Highest minimum:  9.6......30th ( Record 12.9 in 1985 )

Lowest minimum:  0.3........8th ( Record -2.8 in 1972 )

Edited by Styx

Posted

Finally got around to compiling my stats for July 2015 - here's what I observed in Reading town centre:

Average maximum: 22.3
Average minimum: 13.3
Average for month: 17.8

Highest maximum: 34.1 (1 July)
Lowest maximum: 16.2 (24)
Highest minimum: 19.3 (1)
Lowest minimum: 6.6 (31)

Rainfall: Reading University shows 60mm for the month, which is about 130% of average.  36mm of this fell on 24 July.
Sunshine: Reading University shows 205 hours for the month, which is close to average.

Frosts: none observed (the university recorded a rare ground frost on the 31st)

No thunder heard.

A month statistically not too far from average, and it would have turned out drier than average but for the heavy rain that lasted all day on the 24th, making this the wettest day here since August 2010, I think.  The month started with the highest temperature recorded here since July 2006 and finished with the lowest recorded here in July since I moved to Reading in 2002.  Apart from these three statistics it was generally a changeable month that felt unremarkable.

Edited by Stargazer

Finally got around to compiling my stats for July 2015 - here's what I observed in Reading town centre:

Average maximum: 22.3

Average minimum: 13.3

Average for month: 17.8

Highest maximum: 34.1 (1 July)

Lowest maximum: 16.2 (24)

Highest minimum: 19.3 (1)

Lowest minimum: 6.6 (31)

Rainfall: Reading University shows 60mm for the month, which is about 130% of average.  36mm of this fell on 24 July.

Sunshine: Reading University shows 205 hours for the month, which is close to average.

Frosts: none observed (the university recorded a rare ground frost on the 31st)

No thunder heard.

A month statistically not too far from average, and it would have turned out drier than average but for the heavy rain that lasted all day on the 24th, making this the wettest day here since August 2010, I think.  The month started with the highest temperature recorded here since July 2006 and finished with the lowest recorded here in July since I moved to Reading in 2002.  Apart from these three statistics it was generally a changeable month that felt unremarkable.

How many days of rain did you record.

Posted

Monthly stats for my town in July.

Can you help me tell me if my weather station could be set up better. I think it might be overexposed.

Max temp: 40.1°C on 1st

Min temp: 6.4°C on 31st.

Avg max: 24.9°C

Average low: 12.7°C

Thunder days: 7 (we were in the only location to get every single thunderstorm event this month).

Rain:69mm

SunL 190 hours

Overall it was really hot for the first half, and more average for the second half.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Can you help me tell me if my weather station could be set up better. I think it might be overexposed.

Thunder days: 7 (we were in the only location to get every single thunderstorm event this month).

SunL 190 hours

Overall it was really hot for the first half, and more average for the second half.

To be honest, yes. Nowhere even got close to 40C at the start of July. You want to make sure that your weather sensor is out of direct sunlight for as long as possible. :)

Posted

SunL 190 hours

Where are you from? If you could put your location into your profile on the side it'll be easier to tell.

Welcome to Netweather :)

Posted

To be honest, yes. Nowhere even got close to 40C at the start of July. You want to make sure that your weather sensor is out of direct sunlight for as long as possible. :)

OK thanks. I no it reached 37 at heathrow so i guess 3 degrees higher is 2 much. Well I will try and make a stevenson screen (but my carpentry skills are pretty crap tbh) 

• Like 1

Posted

July average:

Tmax 30,8

Tmin 18,6

Posted

Cantley July 2015

The maximum on 1st of 34.8C is my highest since starting January 1997. Only one reading at RAF Finningley 1942-1995 is higher=35.5C on 3 August 1990. In spite of this the mean ended up a touch below average

Mean=17.4 (17.5)

Avge Max=22.6 (22.1) Highest on 1st at 34.8 and coldest day was 17.3 on 28th

Avge Min=12.1(12.8 ) The coldest night on 26th with 6.9 and the warmest was 14.7 on 12th

Rainfall came out at 47.2 mm just a touch above average with the wettest day on 4th=10.6mm; there were 12 days with 1.0 mm or more and 17 with 0.2 mm or more

No snow, frost, fog or hail with 1 day of thunder

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

@J10 - I observed some rain on 11 days here; the university recorded 14 (>=0.2mm; my observation doesn't use a rain gauge and will be less reliable in picking up days with small amounts, particularly overnight).  According to the university's website the average number of rainy days in July is 11.3.

Overall the month felt more or less as the statistics suggest - average or slightly worse than average.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

July 2015 Statistics

A hot start to the month with 30C being breached on the 1st but thereafter gradually cooling down. Nights were around average though one notable cool night on the last day of the month. Not particularly wet, a fair helping of sunshine. Not a bad summer month by any means.

Below are the statistics for my weather station during the month of July

Mean Maximum: 20.3C
Mean Minimum: 12.9C
Overall Mean: 16.6C

Monthly Rainfall total: 52.8mm
Rainfall days: 11 days
Max rainfall in one day: 13.4mm (19th July)
Total Snowfall: 0cm
Snowfall Days (snow falling): 0cm
Max snowfall in one day: 0cm

Highest daily maximum temperature: 30.4C (1st July)
Lowest daily maximum temperature: 15.2C (26th July) 
Highest daily minimum temperature: 18.2C (1st July)
Lowest daily minimum temperature: 9.1C (31st July)

Days with Ground Frost: 0 
Days with Air Frost: 0
Days of falling snow: 0
Days of lying snow: 0
Thunder days: 0

Temperature frequency breakdown

Maximum temperature:
15.0C to 19.9C: 16 days
20.0C to 24.9C: 12 days
25.0C to 29.9C: 2 days
30.0C to 34.9C: 1 days

Minimum temperature:
5.0C to 9.9C: 1 day
10.0C to 14.9C: 27 days
15.0C to 19.9C: 3 days

Compared to the Colwyn Bay average (81-10 average = 16.05), my average comes in at 0.55C above the Colwyn Bay average, making it a slight above average month

Edited by SP1986

@J10 - I observed some rain on 11 days here; the university recorded 14 (>=0.2mm; my observation doesn't use a rain gauge and will be less reliable in picking up days with small amounts, particularly overnight).  According to the university's website the average number of rainy days in July is 11.3.

Overall the month felt more or less as the statistics suggest - average or slightly worse than average.

Cheers for that.