Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Reports: Tuesday 03rd August 2004

PB22

Posted

Something???

Its mad here Tim, Ive counted well over 70 thunderclaps this afternoon, its mean stuff and I cant count anymore. This could well continue into the night when the stuff downsouth meets it. Its not moving, it goes away then comes back and keeps doing so.

Posted

Doh! missed probably the best storm of the summer stuck in work...

Did see it go very very dark outside, and when I left work the main road was flooded to about 5 inches (12.5 cms) - just hate it when motorists don't slow down and give you a soaking; if the storm doesn't get you, the drivers will!

Now I've got home, and the thunder and lightning have abaited 8)

Still waiting for a good night-storm so I can have a chance of getting some photos, but that sort of storm seems to be elusive for this part of Gloucestershire at the moment...

Posted

Well this is it.Very distant rumbles of thunder now heard and AM radio cracking like crazy,every few seconds or so!after checking on all available sferic and radar data a bumpy ride to come i will shortly be unplugging everything that is infact unpluggable.Just to add this morning the tragic incident of a boy killed by lightning i live approx five to six miles away to say the least i am in a complete state of shock especially when it happends so near.

Please be careful this is looking like headline making storms.

Cheers.

Posted

Storm now over Central London - the first of the day (although we had distant thunder earlier)

To the west of Central London, flooding has been a problem with parts of the underground system closed because of this problem.

Posted

Just had a storm here in Northampton, first one I've witnessed this year. :D Saw some great CG lightning, and lots of CC lightning, sadly the storm never really passed right overhead, at its nearest it was around 1-2 miles from my position, and it only lasted the best part of half an hour.

oh well better than nothing.

Posted
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20

Have just had 1 rumble :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

lots of storms,

Thats my 4thstorm in 24hs

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

very bad storm is passed over lootons , it is starteds just before 4pms and it is calmed downs bout 20 mins ago! mega big flashes and forks and purple lightenings and big rumblies and cracklies and yuk clods!!

constant rumblies is go on and ons and still happenings right nows just seen nother lightenings!!! it is go ons for over 2 hours nows!! the me is nearly dieds of suffocations in wardrobes!!! toooo hot and stuffys! just had torrential downpours! me glad it is not happened at night times! very terribals and scarys weather!nother rumbly is booming aways toward south of lootons!

looton observations where bouts is u in lootons?

Posted

Ok looks like things have finally quieten down now from where im sitting to the East back edge of a storm that passed by fifteen mins ago we didnt get much from that one but the lightening was impressive so who ever gets that one it should be good. to the West Broken cloud with some blue showing i dont think we will get anymore tonight. I counted at least seven small storms pass over us since 4.00pm. Looks like it may be a repeat performance tomorrow if the cape an li charts are to go by so for now ill sign off unless anymore action is overhead.good luck to those North of me looks like your in for an interesting night. :roll:

Posted

big thunderstorm here with loads of lightning, torrential rain

Posted

Got the very start of that storm that is now in the midlands at about 13:00. Light rain here and distant thunder, again on the edge!

Posted

My Final Report for today as I think thats it for me.

20 thunderclaps this morning between 2:40 and 3:15 am

Over 80 thunderclaps this afternoon between 3 and 6:30pm

Both homegrown and 0 from the main front which has now as good as died.

Posted

report from me after trip to rugby/daventry

I saw about 7-8 flashes lost count of thunder-noise

working my way back up the M1, 3 flashes @ around fosse park (J21)

2-3 flashes around sheffield/stocksbridge way on the way home.

in all I would say a good bakers dozen of flashes/noises.

As for rugby, I dont know if it has any bearing, but the hail down by the DRFT place was pea size

Posted

Thunder and lightning at 6:15pm this afternoon and torrential rain as I had my break at work. It was cool. My bro saw CG, while I only saw IC

Posted

ok, saw three storms in total today! (sorry for posting so late) Two were overhead, about 3.15 and 6.30 and one was to the sw of me from 4.00 till about 5.30. lots of fork lightning and thunder. great day!