Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

World Cup 2018

9 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

World Cup 06...Rooney sent of by Ronaldo..team battles on with 10 men through extra time...lose on pens and out

One of the earliest football matches I can remember, but did Hargreaves not also hit the woodwork twice in this match?

11 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

One of the earliest football matches I can remember, but did Hargreaves not also hit the woodwork twice in this match?

one of the earliest you can remember?. Cow me makes me feel old.  i still believe our best chance for a world cup win was 98.  But a dodgy sending off  and a goal ruled out by Sol scuppered that.   however 1986 was also a good year  i remember a jinking John Barnes creating 2 amazing chances for Lineker  against Argentina. oh if only.    

3 hours ago, weirpig said:

one of the earliest you can remember?. Cow me makes me feel old.  i still believe our best chance for a world cup win was 98.  But a dodgy sending off  and a goal ruled out by Sol scuppered that.   however 1986 was also a good year  i remember a jinking John Barnes creating 2 amazing chances for Lineker  against Argentina. oh if only.    

I remember 86 too. We had been poor for most of the game and despite Maradona's cheating we deserved to be behind. Eventually, eventually Robson brought on Barnes (who was probably the best player in England at the time) for the last 15 minutes and he immediately started creating havoc down the wing. Lineker scored and then missed a huge chance. Big missed opportunity.

Well then that was a first-half of mind-bogglingly scintillating stuff wasn't it? And, don't forget - either of them will thrash England!:help::rofl:

Edited by Ed Stone

8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Well then that was a first-half of mind-bogglingly scintillating stuff wasn't it? And, don't forget - either of them will thrash England!:help::rofl:

Did Scottish skier say that 😂

2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Samuel Umtiti gives France the lead

Aye , tomorrow's going from a difficult match to very difficult match , final I mean 

Edited by Mokidugway

44 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Aye , tomorrow's going from a difficult match to very difficult match , final I mean 

Us V the French, mouth watering...

18 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Well there's a conundrum ,dad English mum French ,both dead mind but who do I support ,lol

will England get undone by a Bap

2 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Did Scottish skier say that 😂

What are you on about? I've bought an England top and have every limb / digit I can crossed for them!

Everyone I know just can't take any more of 'it's coming home' and every single kick in the tournament being compared to '66 by the commentators. The talk is that if England win the final, that will swing it for Yes! 😉

Anyway, best of luck, but Mrs SS will have me sleeping on the couch if I don't sing the La Marseillaise with sufficient gusto. 🙂

Edited by scottish skier

9 hours ago, scottish skier said:

What are you on about? I've bought an England top and have every limb / digit I can crossed for them!

Everyone I know just can't take any more of 'it's coming home' and every single kick in the tournament being compared to '66 by the commentators. The talk is that if England win the final, that will swing it for Yes! 😉

Anyway, best of luck, but Mrs SS will have me sleeping on the couch if I don't sing the La Marseillaise with sufficient gusto. 🙂

Hi SS

You could always shout, "dođite na Hrvatsku", at the tv tonight, to keep Mrs SS, happy!! :clapping:

That'll make me popular!! :nonono:

Regards,

Tom.

Even LNER are getting footy fever this was the departure board at Darlington station this morning

455646.thumb.png.648510782e586fd8326a0024fe8e417d.png

France v Belgium peaked with 15.39million on BBC 1 last night

A further 2 million were watching via the iPlayer

Edited by Summer Sun

Just heard some comments from French fans  regarding the Final    Many of them wish to play England in the final   Mainly due to the opinion that we have no defense.   Very comparable to them and world war 2 then.    Of all the countries (Scotland included)  those are the ones id love to beat the most.

7 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

You lot haven't even faced Croatia yet,

it can still all come crashing down..

With hope 😅

Lol.   Im very nervous of Croatia   the best side we have faced  get past them  and most will be in dreamland.    Eitherway as i have said earlier  its been a great world cup  and for the younger generation it has brought back excitement we have not seen regarding the England team for years. 

5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Don't feed the leprechaun troll...🤣

Lol  I like his name though  Imagine though if he was a lover of our canine friends

2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Lol.   Im very nervous of Croatia   the best side we have faced  get past them  and most will be in dreamland.    Eitherway as i have said earlier  its been a great world cup  and for the younger generation it has brought back excitement we have not seen regarding the England team for years. 

Its going to be a tough match for sure and you have the added bonus that they are all knackered for struggling past Russia.

I'm thinking 2-1 to Croatia..