Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Summer Sun

World Cup 2018

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Around 90% of the English population are being jingoistic this evening - nowt to do with the media sunshine!

Who'd have thought England being in the semifinals of a major tourney would make us happy! Every other countries allowed and so are we.

 

Can't work out if I want this to go to penalties or not. On the one hand it'll drain whoever wins - on the other hand it might give them a lease of life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deep Snow please said:

Who'd have thought England being in the semifinals of a major tourney would make us happy! Every other countries allowed and so are we.

 

Can't work out if I want this to go to penalties or not. On the one hand it'll drain whoever wins - on the other hand it might give them a lease of life. 

Will you go in a cave for the rest of your life, If England win the world cup :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on people, there's no need to play like Columbia in here :D 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on guys and gals, it is a steamy evening in the UK and England have reached the semi finals of a major football tournament for the first time in 28 years. Enjoy this moment and don't resort to bickering and argumentative posting. Anyone else crossing the line may end up receiving a netweather red card and serve a "suspension".

Thank you :)

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England will face Croatia after they defeated Russia 4-3 on penalties

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would have liked to see england v russia but nevermind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there it is, then: if we lose, we're crap; if we win, we're lucky!:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A decent opportunity to make the final here. But either way, it's gone to be too cracking semi-finals on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to feel for Russia but I’d rather England face Croatia even though they are a better quality team .

An England v Russia semi-final would be dominated by non football issues in the run up .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's Belgium for me, they have recently got their onions together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nick sussex said:

You have to feel for Russia but I’d rather England face Croatia even though they are a better quality team .

An England v Russia semi-final would be dominated by non football issues in the run up .

The Novichok Derby 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the golden generation go through to face us  decent side with good players  they do seem to have a Achilles heel in defending set plays   bring on wednesdayv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

You have to feel for Russia but I’d rather England face Croatia even though they are a better quality team .

An England v Russia semi-final would be dominated by non football issues in the run up .

Indeed, Nick...But at least the Russians won't be able to bring Novichok on at half-time?:help:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

So the golden generation go through to face us  decent side with good players  they do seem to have a Achilles heel in defending set plays   bring on wednesdayv

No fear wp, we play like the great German teams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be awful when the WC finishes .

Like the Olympics it’s always a bit sad when it finishes . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew this would be how it went  starts off as England wont' get out the group  then it's England will lose to Brazil or Germany in the quarters  then it's England made a mistake playing for second  and will lose to Colombia and if not they will play spain in the semis and lose  then it was England will lose to sweeden because we have a bad record against them  and now it's it' a hollow victory if England win because they havnt played the top teams  lol come on England 

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s going to be awful when the WC finishes .

Like the Olympics it’s always a bit sad when it finishes . 

same with wimbledon, suppose is every year though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

I knew this would be how it went  starts off as England wont' get out the group  then it's England will lose to Brazil or Germany in the quarters  then it's England made a mistake playing for second  and will lose to Colombia and if not they will play spain in the semis and lose  then it was England will lose to sweeden because we have a bad record against them  and now it's it' a hollow victory if England win because they havnt played the top teams  lol come on England 

Sometimes Mark, we just can't bloody win! Heaven knows what the naysayers will say should we actually win the thing?:rofl:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ed Stone said:

Sometimes Mark, we just can't bloody win! Heaven knows what the naysayers will say should we actually win the thing?:rofl:

It will be  we didn't play anyone of note  we scored to many penalties  hardly any goals from open play  the other sides didn' perform  lucky with injuries   blah blah blah  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s going to be awful when the WC finishes .

Easy...just flush and forget about it!💩

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...