Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Summer Sun

World Cup 2018

3 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

actually 22 yrs..England beat Spain on pens in Euro 96 Q/F

I've managed to get quite drunk tonight so have had to get a relief driver for my truck tomorrow 🤢

Columbia were a typical South American footie side - coniving, cheating low-life. The ref should've pulled 'em up short - but no chance in fifa-land.

• Like 4

Well at least i can collect my pension now.....i aged enough last night to qualify for it!😀

• Like 1

Quarter-final TV schedule

Uruguay v France - 6 July, 15:00 BST - ITV

Brazil v Belgium - 6 July, on air 18:30 BST - BBC

Sweden v England - 7 July, on air 14:15 BST - BBC

Russia v Croatia - 7 July, 19:00 BST - ITV

All games kick off at 3pm and 7pm UK time

wow just wow.   i dont thing i have seen a worse cheating side then Colombia in all my years of watching football    headbutts/Goading Kane when taking a penalty, Scuffing the penalty Spot, Members of the backroom staff getting involved with players, surrounding the ref.  Truley shocking.    Still came to nothing. We were by far the betterside. It was lovley to see a England team look comfortable on the ball.  Now Sweden.  Come on England.

• Like 2

If Belgium go out on Friday and Lukaku doesn't score more than 1 goal Harry Kane (6) has a good chance of getting the golden boot his nearest rival then would be Artem Dzyuba of Russia with 3 goals

23 minutes ago, weirpig said:

wow just wow.   i dont thing i have seen a worse cheating side then Colombia in all my years of watching football    headbutts/Goading Kane when taking a penalty, Scuffing the penalty Spot, Members of the backroom staff getting involved with players, surrounding the ref.  Truley shocking.    Still came to nothing. We were by far the betterside. It was lovley to see a England team look comfortable on the ball.  Now Sweden.  Come on England.

Apparently, the England players dived during the match

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12098/11425618/colombia-manager-jose-pekerman-angry-at-england-players-after-world-cup-defeat

Just in England v Colombia go a peak audience of 23.8 million at 21:50 a share of 79.9%

It was the biggest ITV peak since 1998 and biggest football peak since 2004

Average audience was 16.53m a 68.8% share

15 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Just in England v Colombia go a peak audience of 23.8 million at 21:50 a share of 79.9%

It was the biggest ITV peak since 1998 and biggest football peak since 2004

Average audience was 16.53m a 68.8% share

Edit to the above

It actually got a one minute peak of 24.43million at 21:52

Breaking.  Reports emerging from Fifa that  high profile talks are taking place  on exactly how England won on Penalties. Various scenarios have been listed however most seem to concentrate on the penalty takers themselves     

DhNUgKaX4AAgbpn.jpg:large

Edited by weirpig
  • Thanks 1

I supose I played a blinder? Could not face the pen's so went and sat in my hammock out back. Seems the pub is on terrestrial and so slightly ahead of the Sat. TV so I knew before my room full of teens that we would be alright!

Now I'm banished to the hammock if we face another shoot out....... I'm good.

C'mon! Engeeeerlaaand!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, weirpig said:

We were by far the betterside. It was lovley to see a England team look comfortable on the ball.  Now Sweden.  Come on England.

IMO its the worst England have played..they created very little in the way of chances they kept the ball ok ..but did nothing with it...bit like Spain they were just passing side to side then backwards...going forward England do not have a creative midfielder who can deliver the final killer pass plus Kane is effectively playing on his own up front..are they capable of beating Brazil or France etc? based on yesterdays performance...nope

• Like 1

At least last night took me back a year or two and Alf's comments about the Uraguans

I think I've just about recovered from last night. Good grief.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

actually 22 yrs..England beat Spain on pens in Euro 96 Q/F

Sorry should have made myself clear i was only referring to World Cup shoot outs lol!!The Euros was the only penalty shoot out we have ever won in my lifetime.That was a fantastic tournament and it was those blasted Germans that spoiled the party that year!!

I do hope the media can rein-in their penchant for over-hyping England...The current, ludicrous amount of jingoistic coverage jubilation, caused by our winning a penalty shootout, can only heap even more pressure onto both the team and the manager...And what good would that do?

• Like 1

And I wish the bitter sods from the other home nations on social media would button it. You're jealous, we get it, get over it.

(Note: Not all, but many from the rest of the UK)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

I do hope the media can rein-in their penchant for over-hyping England...The current, ludicrous amount of jingoistic coverage jubilation, caused by our winning a penalty shootout, can only heap even more pressure onto both the team and the manager...And what good would that do?

The media get slated for picking on the team before every tournament...they get slated for getting behind them... :D

8 minutes ago, Nick L said:

The media get slated for picking on the team before every tournament...they get slated for getting behind them... :D

I agree, Nick - up to a point; but, really, all this 'England Expects' nonsense is nowt but drivel:

I hope, I absolutely hope than we can go all the way. But 'expect'? I'm supposed to have been expecting ever since 1966!

Come on, ENGLAND!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

26 minutes ago, Nick L said:

And I wish the bitter sods from the other home nations on social media would button it. You're jealous, we get it, get over it.

(Note: Not all, but many from the rest of the UK)

I wish ITV or BBC could have unbiased commentary but that's not going to happen. 😂 I have nothing against England, unlike many from the other home nations i don't wish them failure however i really can't stand the cringy commentary which in my opinion is what irritates Scots, Irish and Welsh the most.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ross90 said:

I wish ITV or BBC could have unbiased commentary but that's not going to happen. 😂 I have nothing against England, unlike many from the other home nations i don't wish them failure however i really can't stand the cringy commentary which in my opinion is what irritates Scots, Irish and Welsh the most.

But why would they be unbiased?  in case they offend the Scots   when wales did well in the euros the panel was full of Welsh would you expect them to be unbiased?  How strange 

• Like 1