Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Summer Sun

World Cup 2018

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, knocker said:

I'm afraid i don't agree with that. Having watched it from every angle Ramos was equally guilty of holding, if not more so, so the decision was correct. In fact it looks suspiciously as if Ramos was milking it as he has done scores of times in the past.

That was not a penalty.VAR proves this. Ramos was always the weak link in the team,he is a cheat,he  was trying then to cheat instead of playing the ball,one of the ,dirtiest players in top flight football. Seen it countless times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no. The tedious Spaniards are out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, knocker said:

I'm afraid i don't agree with that. Having watched it from every angle Ramos was equally guilty of holding, if not more so, so the decision was correct. In fact it looks suspiciously as if Ramos was milking it as he has done scores of times in the past.

Well I disagree with that, it was a clear foul on Pique, and given the clampdown on penalties in this World Cup, if it wasn't Russia it would have been a penalty.

9 minutes ago, markyo said:

That was not a penalty.VAR proves this. Ramos was always the weak link in the team,he is a cheat,he  was trying then to cheat instead of playing the ball,one of the ,dirtiest players in top flight football. Seen it countless times.

It was a penalty and Ramos wasn't the one being fouled it was Pique. I can understand the hate on Ramos, after what he did to Salah, but the foul on Pique was the penalty. 

Of course all the above is my opinion.

Edited by J10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ITV actually covered the VAR incident and there was pulling by both players so it canceled itself out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

ITV actually covered the VAR incident and there was pulling by both players so it canceled itself out

And also that it wasn't a foul on Pique. Of course you will always get different opinions on the video verdict. It's been going on for years in rugby league.

Edited by knocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey that didn't take long Denmark one up. Keeper own goal I would say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two goals in just 4 minutes one apiece. Defending terrible on both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A football match is far more entertaining with terrible defences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started well then fizzled out into fairly dull game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens when/if England meet Russia: do the Rooskies decide to send 23 'spies' home, or do they provide a free round of novichock chip cookies? Who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Started well then fizzled out into fairly dull game.

And continues.....

Revising my theory as Croatia being serious contenders. They've looked toothless against an average Danish defence.

Either side could nick it now. 

Edited by Dougal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like G Neville as a commentator it’s improved ITVs coverage by a country mile IMO .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Really like G Neville as a commentator it’s improved ITVs coverage by a country mile IMO .

I hope it's nae back to Glenn Hoddle, come Tuesday!😱

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I hope it's nae back to Glenn Hoddle, come Tuesday!😱

It will be Pougatch though. He's just tripe. Long winded questions which he then answers himself.

I have to turn the sound off the nanosecond the ref blows for half time. 

Croatia through then. Meh.

 

Edited by Dougal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

LOL only a yellow to prevent a clear goal, Then Modric misses the pen

Depends if it was a deliberate foul or not. I think he genuinely tried to get the ball rather than a simple hack down. Therefore only a yellow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do Croatia look good?

I would say no.

If and its a large if, we get past Columbia then I'm  on board ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s destined to be a Russia v England semi final now!

With everything that’s happened in the last year you just know it’s bound to happen.

Theres immense pressure on England now , there’ll never get a better chance to get to the final .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s destined to be a Russia v England semi final now!

With everything that’s happened in the last year you just know it’s bound to happen.

Theres immense pressure on England now , there’ll never get a better chance to get to the final .

Will the England team get nobbled

 

1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

I hope it's nae back to Glenn Hoddle, come Tuesday!😱

glen waffle will be back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...