Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

World Cup 2018

36 minutes ago, weirpig said:

We havnt had  any hooligans for years  we still have a name from the 70s and 80s    but in regard to a organised firm those days have gone.   Marseille in 98 was the last real time we had a go 

I mean we were involved in riots in Marseille at the last Euros. I get the Russian's were behind that but some of are lot were looking for fights as well. 

Just now, Deep Snow please said:

I mean we were involved in riots in Marseille at the last Euros. I get the Russian's were behind that but some of are lot were looking for fights as well. 

I think that was more drunken idiots rather than people going there intentionally looking for trouble.

1 minute ago, Nick L said:

I think that was more drunken idiots rather than people going there intentionally looking for trouble.

Yep i remember 98 against  Tunisia  and many England Fans were tooled up.   Since then its been drunken behaviour  but nothing organised.  those days have gone

6 minutes ago, Nick L said:

If Bob the Buffoon from Basildon can't work out chanting "we're all voting out" in France in the run up to the Brexit vote was going to annoy locals then he shouldn't have a passport, it was beyond stupid , and given the amount of people the cops banned from football travel in the aftermath it's a fair bet a few were known hooligans without tickets.

That said, the entire French handling of that competition from a security point of view was a joke. Hopefully it being spread out around the entire content should lead to less violence next time. And the Russians should have had this World Cup taken off them for their behaviour. Nothing compared to the violence of many years ago though.

Edited by Deep Snow please

1 minute ago, Deep Snow please said:

If Bob the Buffoon from Basildon can't work out chanting "we're all voting out" in France in the run up to the Brexit vote was going to annoy locals then he shouldn't have a passport, it was beyond stupid , and given the amount of people the cops banned from football travel in the aftermath it's a fair bet a few were known hooligans without tickets.

That said, the entire French handling of that competition from a security point of view was a joke. Hopefully it being spread out around the entire content should lead to less violence next time. And the Russians should have had this World Cup taken off them for their behaviour. Nothing compared to the violence of many years ago though.

Lol  it wasnt chanting that   that got us into trouble  it was the Anti ISIS songs.  I was there.  The Brexit chanting was good natured and was indeed joined in by many from the other teams  The Aggression of the Russians was the mitigating factor  when you see pot bellied 40plus balding men getting into trouble you know its not pre meditated. 

34 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Lol  it wasnt chanting that   that got us into trouble  it was the Anti ISIS songs.  I was there.  The Brexit chanting was good natured and was indeed joined in by many from the other teams  The Aggression of the Russians was the mitigating factor  when you see pot bellied 40plus balding men getting into trouble you know its not pre meditated. 

Shouting the word ISIS in a country recently affected by attacks is a bit daft.

Senegal penalty call. Not being given. 

4 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Shouting the word ISIS in a country recently affected by attacks is a bit daft.

Senegal penalty call. Not being given. 

Oh yes certainly

I think we should ditch the Three Lions logo and opt for something more nationally iconic: how's about the Three Hedgehogs, for example? At least most of us have seen them in their natural environment?

Or what about the Three Whippets? Or even The Three Meat Pies?

Must be the heat...Please excuse my lunacy!☀️

I can't see tonight's game being too competitive if I am honest. Second string teams will probably be out as an excuse not to win I think.

England

Pickford, Alexander-Arnold, Rose, Jones, Stones, Cahill, Dier, Delph, Loftus-Cheek, Rashford, Vardy

Just a kick about tonight both teams fielding the 2nd string whether this is a good thing or not remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Belgium not playing to win

I’m shocked Martinez actually came out and said that . Even if you’re not bothered  about winning you shouldn’t come out and state it so clearly .

12 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

5Live are talking about that now. It came from the press conference and when the rest of the answer is included, it's not as shocking as it sounds.

14 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

So basically even if we do win this game, it's going to be discredited as "Well Belgium didn't want to win anyway!"

2 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

So basically even if we do win this game, it's going to be discredited as "Well Belgium didn't want to win anyway!"

This situation would be completely non-existent, had FIFA done what UEFA do with the Champions' League: send all the third-placed teams into a totally meaningless Muppets' League?:rofl:

Hope we stuff Belgium 5-0 , come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 , we can win this tournament. 

35 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Just a kick about tonight both teams fielding the 2nd string whether this is a good thing or not remains to be seen.

surely still better than watching tunisia panama

Is it only me, or is there a bit of the Alf Ramsey about Sir Gareth - a quiet man who simply gets on with the job, and who lets the players do the talking - none of the old El Tel shyte?

18 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

surely still better than watching tunisia panama

I'm not sure about that, may be this time they might get yellow cards and penalties against their rugby stile tackles.

Belguim reserves could be two up by now. A TV shot of rather bemused looking first teamers from both sides.

1st yellow to Belgium these cards could be crucial by around 20:50

Why can't the English band dispense with that horrible 'tune' they keep repeating and go back to the theme from The Great Escape?

Edited by Ed Stone

Perhaps look on the bright side of life?

Could be three down by now both teams in cruise mode.