Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pennine Ten Foot Drifts

Operation Stack - best way to Folkstone ?

I'm after a bit of local expert advice if there's any of our Kent contingent on. What's the likely quickest route to Folkstone ? and I'm not worried about big diversions if it actually means getting there sooner. Cheers.

Use the a20 instead of the M20, although many people will be doing that so it could be very busy.

I'm after a bit of local expert advice if there's any of our Kent contingent on. What's the likely quickest route to Folkstone ? and I'm not worried about big diversions if it actually means getting there sooner. Cheers.

one of the reasons stack is such a problem here in Kent is because there are only a couple of ways you can do it M20/A20 is a no no, use M2/A2 and cut across to folkstone just before you get to Dover. There is a 3rd way which I have done, it will add lots of time and miles, and thats use A21 to Hastings and A2070 then A259 but it is quite scenic and misses stack.

• Some first weekend of Summer - even the pigeons don't fancy it

Gusting winds, showers and persistent rain - not the type of weather you'd usually associate with the first weekend of summer. But there will be some improvement through the weekend and into next week. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2020-06-05 21:46:10 Valid: 06/06/2020 0600 - 07/06/2020 0600 THUNDERSTORM OUTLOOK - SAT 6TH JUNE 2020 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather