Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neilsouth

Happy 30th Birthday Amiga and Atari ST!

IMG_5589.jpg

It's a time to light those candles upon that tasty cake, as both the Commodore Amiga and the Atari ST are celebrating their 30th anniversary. That's right, it's 30 years to this day that the Amiga was launched, and last month it was the Atari ST!

Still can't get my head round PlayStation controls, I learnt with Atari ST joysticks :-) Could do everything with 1 button.

Starquake, Marble Madness, Test Drive, Ikari Warriors, Buggy Boy- they don't make them like that these days. People who play Candy Crush all day don't know what they missed...

I used to love Robocod and Sensible soccer on my Amiga - still have it somewhere, ought to dig it out :D

I used to love Robocod and Sensible soccer on my Amiga - still have it somewhere, ought to dig it out :D

DO IT!! Especially on this occasion :D

Sensible Soccer was and still is the best football game ever made although I only ever had it on the Mega Drive

Solid Computer that has a hand in much of modern operating systems to this day through the many innovations created for it

I still have all my Commodores from the Amiga A1200 all the way back to the the VIC-20 (OK I sold my CDTV when made redundant and needed food).

I have the only known XL1200 68x30 accelerator cards AFAIK due to testing the prototypes that never went into full production on a large scale, was talking to the guy behind it a few years ago at a mates wedding and he told me all the stuff for them apart from what I had went into landfill after Commodore croaked and he went into landscape gardening instead.

I had  a BF that had an amiga, as well as some close friends, so I was never a 1000 miles away from playing one.

If one thing would stick in your mind it's some of the rather amazing soundtracks. This was one of my favorites, a classic game. 

I've always been a Nintendo fanboy myself and interestingly this year will mark the 30th anniversary of the release of the Nintendo Entertainment System which is the western version of the Japanese famicom (released 1983) and its best selling game Super Mario Bros.

Although the NES was released in North America in 1985, it wasn't released in Europe until 1986. And also, although SMB was released in both Japan and North America in 1985 the game wasn't released in Europe until 1987.

I had nintendo 'double screen' ICD games, including Mario bros and donkey kong. Sadly no longer with me.

Happy memories of playing Flood on the Atari ST. Loved the killer teddies skipping about (see around 10.20 on the YouTube link) and the flame thrower that changed into a plastic chicken if you used it too much

http://youtu.be/2Rch3gfrPOo

still got my Amiga 500.........loved playing Elite 2, stunt car racer, Civilization & Dungeon Master....all awesome gamea

I had  a BF that had an amiga, as well as some close friends, so I was never a 1000 miles away from playing one.

If one thing would stick in your mind it's some of the rather amazing soundtracks. This was one of my favorites, a classic game.

ha ha turrican one of my faviourites :)..

Turrican was (is) a classic side shooter :clap:

Love the music also (much into the SID C64 music also).

The Amiga custom chip set was a boon to program (PAD -Paula -Agnes -Denise) with the Blitter chip and the COPPER co-processor, those effects like the screen flowing down were all due to an intresting feature of the copper where you set the modulo line to zero and moved it using a raster interupt against a bitmap.

Yup used to write demos and games on the C64 and Amiga in assembler.

I've always been a Nintendo fanboy myself and interestingly this year will mark the 30th anniversary of the release of the Nintendo Entertainment System which is the western version of the Japanese famicom (released 1983) and its best selling game Super Mario Bros.

Although the NES was released in North America in 1985, it wasn't released in Europe until 1986. And also, although SMB was released in both Japan and North America in 1985 the game wasn't released in Europe until 1987.

First game I ever played, along with Duck Hunt.

Turrican was (is) a classic side shooter :clap:

Love the music also (much into the SID C64 music also).

The Amiga custom chip set was a boon to program (PAD -Paula -Agnes -Denise) with the Blitter chip and the COPPER co-processor, those effects like the screen flowing down were all due to an intresting feature of the copper where you set the modulo line to zero and moved it using a raster interupt against a bitmap.

Yup used to write demos and games on the C64 and Amiga in assembler.

can you say that in English jax ??

here's another, although not quite as good as the last one ;-

here's another, although not quite as good as the last one ;-

bomb the base :)

archipelago is still great and Tower of Babylon another.

oohhh and times of lore (ok was C64 but hey ho)