Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

My advice would be to give a 100 mile tolerance to the East in these sorts of setups. Last time looked like we were in the game, only to be seeing the Benelux under a bow echo! And us painfully missing out.

Good luck to all for what may well be the last proper shot at some widespread storm activity this season.

Posted

don't be fooled (yet again) nwesterners,   storms forecast for west and north , but the cream will happen in the east and south anyway instead, going from experience and history,  its a most likely out come.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Here are my latest thoughts on this set up.

I am actually more confident on the potential of this event, first off I am actually a little Interested in Saturday Morning too, I wouldn't be surprised if some odd dry storms pop up in a couple of places, number one there looks as though there could be some good shear, there is also a lot more heat with this set up than the last too.

Saturday Evening, Night and Early Sunday Morning: There looks like there's a proper trough line coming which looking at it would bring a better potential of some more potent storms. Temperatures in the High 20's, high due points, really good wind sheer (Convergence zones). Sunday Morning also looks interesting.

This just my thoughts :) And no this isn't just for where I live, this is in general as a whole for other places too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

No mention at all of storms on tonight's forecast and as I said on the model thread tonight's forecast agrees with me about the temperatures being far to high away from the south east. Didn't show much activity on the front until the evening either. So I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Posted

No mention at all of storms on tonight's forecast and as I said on the model thread tonight's forecast agrees with me about the temperatures being far to high away from the south east. Didn't show much activity on the front until the evening either. So I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Sometimes its better when the forecasters don't mention the threat of storms just for the sake of the sanity of this thread!

I think the rain could be quite a talking point mind with Western areas seemingly at this stage bearing the brunt of the heaviest rainfall. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Sometimes its better when the forecasters don't mention the threat of storms just for the sake of the sanity of this thread!

I think the rain could be quite a talking point mind with Western areas seemingly at this stage bearing the brunt of the heaviest rainfall. 

Yeah, very much like last week it's the amount of rain that will be most notable from this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Okay, I am locking this thread now and starting a fresh new one for this upcoming spell and possibly beyond. Please continue the discussion here:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83809-storm-convective-discussion-20th-august-2015-onwards/