Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Wasn't expecting anything apart from heavy rain around 2:00am in Hayle cornwall (going by bbc graphics) - (still camping despite some intense overnight downpours the last few weeks) - anyway judging by radar looks like we could be in the firing line next few hours ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

So...storms now starting to push towards Cornwall and the SE, but the ones in the channel islands are staying put? Think I'll call it a night and see if there is still anything about in the morning. :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

This is incredible. It's been a long time since we've witnessed lightning as frequent and intense as this. Perhaps made more so by the fact we're parked at a place called Noirmont Point which is in the direct firing line of the cell currently just to our SW. Absolutely amazing display from Mother Nature!

Edited by Fitzwis
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Evening all,on afters this week so i hope that i will see some storms late Thursday/Friday morning :D

This is incredible. It's been a long time since we've witnessed lightning as frequent and intense as this. Perhaps made more so by the fact we're parked at a place called Noirmont Point which is in the direct firing line of the cell currently just to our SW. Absolutely amazing display from Mother Nature!

are you getting any footage FW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Stupid heathrow airliners flying over now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Evening all,on afters this week so i hope that i will see some storms late Thursday/Friday morning :D

Been looking for Jersey webcams for ages but can only find the nest.gg ones for  GSY 

Posted

Staying up for this one as it looks intense! - doesn't look like I would get much sleep under canvas anyway! can't believe how quickly the area heading for cornwall has grown so rapidly!

Hi 1976,could you please pop your location in your profile so we know where you are ta :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

I also might stay up for this one, there is so much red on the radar it's almost like blood.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

That one near Bordeaux is heading this way by the looks of it too, which is flipping huge!

Posted

It's that massive empty gap that is annoying me because I know where it's heading...

I am also fearful for this gap that has opened up, as it looks like Cornwall is going to get hit by that large multicellular beasty, and the smaller cells seem to be pushing up to hit probably Dorset/central England area... And where does that leave us? Nice and dry without a hint of thunder

• Like 2

Posted

Not staying up for this have just got home from work and storms seem hours away and with that gap being mentioned it probably won't be worth it.Heres hoping for a early wake up call.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

They are moving slowly, anyone have wind data?

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

I am also fearful for this gap that has opened up, as it looks like Cornwall is going to get hit by that large multicellular beasty, and the smaller cells seem to be pushing up to hit probably Dorset/central England area... And where does that leave us? Nice and dry without a hint of thunder

I wouldn't worry, that gap looks to be producing new cells on the latest radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Regretfully not ...

Hi 1976,could you please pop your location in your profile so we know where you are ta :)

Hi, live in chelmsford essex. But camping in Hayle cornwall (near St Ives / Lands end) - Just popped out again and really warm outside, can sense something is brewing, and looking at the radar it looks crazy ! - Can hear some big rumbles now in distance!

Posted

On the latest returns(as Chio said) there are cells firing up now inbetweenthe two main areas with the first sferics detected :)

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted

my new lighting sensor arrived today so i have been busy buliding it in to my sensor network .. it was sat on my bench hooked up to an ardunio and a wifi card and it was going nuts .. thought id fryed it or someting ..but no even sat on my bench it was picking up the storms 100miles south of me :O  ..so i take it we are gonna have gert lush storms down here ..i best put this bodge in a water proof box and get it outside and start logging :) .....

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Already seeing distant Lightning flashes here. I love warm sector elevated storms. Could be a goodun' here tonight.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well, it seems there advantages to being awake all night with a grumpy baby! radar looking very impressive, blitzortung lighting up like a Christmas tree too... Bet that south Coast view is good tonight, anyone down there with a camera? Think, it'll be a little while before we see anything, hopefully it'll make up for the lack of visibility for the meteor shower....

• Like 1

Big long rumbles now in distance, no lighting yet.I love a good storm, but kind of hoping the worst of this one just misses me to the east a bit (kids x 3 are very anxious since roof got hit on house down road last July in chelmsford !! - Wind just picked up slightly, no flashes yet, but long distant rumbles