IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

You watch,i will go to bed and all hell will brake loose :rofl:

sferic SE of Manchester :rofl:

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

These storms remind me of the type of storms you get out to sea, very elevated, I have about 30 minutes of footage thats constantly flashing, its still going right now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Oh my God......I quite literally do not believe what I have just seen. 

Alright so I go to bed. Shutting my eyes (looking towards window), blind pulled down....keep seeing little flickers, again.....again......and again. Wtf am I hallucinating or is there lightning AGAIN? 

So I go pull the blinds up and holy mother of God. To my north-east there is constant lightning, every second, like little bolts really high up in the anvil....absolutely mad. I have to get up in 7 hours for an interview but I couldn't miss this....went to get my camera and I have several minutes footage. 

Tomorrow evening or Sat, I will make a youtube and upload my July 4th storm video and what I've seen just now. That was awesome. Night all

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and t-storms.

Well, looks like storm is disapaiting now. Very infrequent lightning. Still raining quite heavy tho. Radar looks to be thinning out to sw too. Daughter off to bed finally, so going to call it a night. Second decent storm for Cambridge this year. Makes a change from all the lean years we've had here.

Posted

We can also see the lightning from the Cambridge storms here in central Leicester, in the far distance, the lower half of the sky periodically lights up for a second, then again.... It's insane! My Blitzortung app says nearest stuff is 52 miles away!!!!

Edited by Speedway Slider

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Alright so I go to bed. Shutting my eyes (looking towards window), blind pulled down....keep seeing little flickers, again.....again......and again. Wtf am I hallucinating or is there lightning AGAIN? 

So I go pull the blinds up and holy mother of God. To my north-east there is constant lightning, every second, like little bolts really high up in the anvil....absolutely mad. I have to get up in 7 hours for an interview but I couldn't miss this....went to get my camera and I have several minutes footage. 

Tomorrow evening or Sat, I will make a youtube and upload my July 4th storm video and what I've seen just now. That was awesome. Night all

They have been some of the most incredible and memorable storms I have ever seen! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

This is without doubt the most ferocious storm I have ever seen in my life . Fork lightning every second at least and some. My dad just said On the phone . We used to have these every year but this one is a big one . Massive strikes. No rain here it's missed us but wow just wow . This is why I love weather

• Like 1

Posted

Supa,i see that you are online,do you see owt off this front approaching,or is it a bust for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I saw this . I have a 10 min vid on my phone from Kew Gardens of just flashes and tiny bolts every half second. All in the same place.

I have NEVER seen that before.

Mind blowing!

Gotta say it again. That was amazing.

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 2

Posted
I saw this . I have a 10 min vid on my phone from Kew Gardens of just flashes and tiny bolts every half second. All in the same place.

Mind blowing!

Gotta say it again. That was amazing.[/quote

That's the one all in the same place absolute craziness and as it got closer was nearly all fork

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

bloody hell and here's me missing it

Mind blowing!
Gotta say it again. That was amazing.[/quote

That's the one all in the same place absolute craziness and as it got closer was nearly all fork

wonder if forking passes the profanity filter

edit - yep it does

looks a forking good storm

Edited by Gordon Webb
  • Like 6

Posted

Good job it forking does . LOL. I doubt it will start a trend (wink wink ) now now . Seriously was any one on here under that storm because that packed a punch . I seriously think we will see this on the news tomorrow

Do t tell me the daily express predicted this a month ago :-)

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted

I am looking for a sniff of ppn heading this way on the latest radar grabs(maybe anoprop),if it's gone in the next 5 mins i am off.

Edit:now teasing me with the latest,another 5 mins :laugh:

look @ that mother

http://meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

still got a bit of ppn to the S of me(W Notts way),will give it a short while before heading to bed,will that band of ppn intensify on the welsh border!

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/zoom/1242/887/bliksem?zoom=6

sferic over Warwick

that storm SW of Cambridge looks insane right now,hope you lot down there get some good footage.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted

Just been watching the storm over North West London between about 12:30am -1:30am. When I say watching, I'm about 45-50 miles away (Abingdon) and could see the actual lightning bolts in the towering cloud. Remarkable to see such a sight from so far away. The bolts themselves looked really narrow and at one point were flickering around the clouds every couple of seconds for about 10 minutes. It was completely silent too, not even a hint of distant thunder. You can often see the sky flashing with sheet lightning from distant storms but I've never seen bolt lightning from so far away.

Edited by audiotech

Posted

The most intense lightning I have ever witnessed in the UK here in Dereham! I got a vid, but only on iPhone and camera didn't pick half of it up. Constant gentle thunder.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Oh my god, think this is the back of the storm front, but I've never never in my 30 years on this planet seen hail, lightning, thunder and wind from a storm like this. Cambridge by the way. We've had 3 hours of intense storms followed by 30 mins of something that'd wouldn't be amiss in the Midwest in the USA. I'd be very surprised if there's no damage or flooding in the morning. Simply incredible.

• Like 3

Posted

Oh my god, think this is the back of the storm front, but I've never never in my 30 years on this planet seen hail, lightning, thunder and wind from a storm like this. Cambridge by the way. We've had 3 hours of intense storms followed by 30 mins of something that'd wouldn't be amiss in the Midwest in the USA. I'd be very surprised if there's no damage or flooding in the morning. Simply incredible.

I thought it was quite incredible tonight and I had no rainfall but fully expect big stories tomorrow because I've never in my life experienced or witnessed anything like that ever.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Nothing here last night, although we have some steady rain falling now from the cold front pushing through. For those that did get the storms overnight it looks from the videos, photos and eye witness reports to be quite similar to the 1st July across the NW with the constant flashing of IC bolts in the cloud being seen from a distance away. I witnessed this on that day and it was first time I had seen it in the UK, it has now happened twice in the space of 3 weeks. Not bad going at all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

Well it was quite tasty here last night, just as you thought it was over something else came up and it seemed to strengthen as it was going over head and then onwards

Feeling a bit tired this morning from staying up and watching so much of it but totally worth it, second decent storm event in two weeks now I think I can live with that. 

... now what's next?  :drunk:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Well it was quite tasty here last night, just as you thought it was over something else came up and it seemed to strengthen as it was going over head and then onwards

Feeling a bit tired this morning from staying up and watching so much of it but totally worth it, second decent storm event in two weeks now I think I can live with that. 

... now what's next?  :drunk:

Yeah I just woke up and I'm not really getting it together after 3 hour's sleep :-/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A great night for some! Cambridge area seems to have copped it the worst (or best hehe)...storms intensified after leaving this area but still some decent lightning. Best thing though was the beautiful, tropical rain. Just lovely to see/hear and so needed.