Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backtrack

Please Help with Web Design!

Hi guys,

I have a university assignment which it seems no one can help me with.

I have to add in code to add elements into a game consisting of HTML and JavaScript.

I need to allow a user to upload their own image into a picture puzzle game rather than using the default image, and I also need to do this:

Is there any chance ANYONE at all can help me? Otherwise I will fail :(

Change the tile randomization method after the user chooses a difficulty level to one that implements a randomised ‘reverse game’. Essentially your code needs to identify the empty tile space and animate one of the tiles, either from above, below, left or right of it into that space. This needs to be done several times to randomise the tiles on the board. The number of times this needs to be done is dependent on the difficulty level chosen by the user:

Easy 10 times

Medium 15 times

Difficult 20 times

The speed of the animation needs to be much quicker than the animation of the tiles in the main game, to make it difficult for the user to memorise the randomisation. As such, each tile movement should be 100 milliseconds rather than the 500 milliseconds used in the main game.

Thanks anyway mate. I know the basics, but this is really advanced stuff. I think they're asking far too much of a first year student. It seems like no one at all can help!

I think someone clued up like Paul may be able to help? Worth giving a PM

Where's the code: is it in a repository available online?

It's just in my notepad

Paul doesn't like me. He ignores my Pm's