Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Just been posted in mod thread. Still trying not to get excited .gottolovethisweather also my dads birthday he was born 21st January 1947.  

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.b12a779c7a672c8e640af87cbbff794e.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Well if this comes off there will be some happy people!

image.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunshine through thin broken cloud. 7.6c. Humidity 97%rh.  Pressure 998.6 hpa. Calm.. 

Posted
2 hours ago, nettie said:

Just been posted in mod thread. Still trying not to get excited .gottolovethisweather also my dads birthday he was born 21st January 1947.  

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.b12a779c7a672c8e640af87cbbff794e.png

Are they still mopping up the blood in the MOD thread after yesterday?

Posted

That snow risk chart is a FORTNIGHT tomorrow!!! A hell of a lot to get through first, how often is precip forecast wrongly 24 hours in advance! Let's get a cool down, some hard frosts and some proper cold in place then hope for snow. The ground needs to cool significantly for settled snow to last long.

• Like 2

Posted
32 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Are they still mopping up the blood in the MOD thread after yesterday?

well all seems calm at the moment and everyone seems content, well until the next set of model runs come out!!!

fromey

Posted
17 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

That snow risk chart is a FORTNIGHT tomorrow!!! A hell of a lot to get through first, how often is precip forecast wrongly 24 hours in advance! Let's get a cool down, some hard frosts and some proper cold in place then hope for snow. The ground needs to cool significantly for settled snow to last long.

i am thinking the same, we need a few nights of hard frost and a good cold wind in the day to get rid of any warmth in the ground and allow it to dry out.

fromey

Posted

Hi dorsetbred, it all seems to be ticking along nicely in mod thread today have to admit been lurking in there all morning, waiting for more good charts to appear from my little knowledge there seems to be some corkers coming out hey but I'm no expert I rely on others take on them.    

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Been trying to use the up and coming cold snap (spell) to take my mind off real world problems but when I have a good friend that I will lose to cancer within 6 months and now my one and only brother has been diagnosed with cancer, will find out next week whether they can do anything for him, I just haven't got the heart to get excited about any cold & snow that may or may not be heading our way. 

I also think all the stupid petty bickering that I've witnessed going on  in the mod thread over the past week or so is really pathetic as I can tell you right now that's more to worry about in life other than whether it  will get cold and snowy. 

• Like 1

Posted

Couldn't agree more Andy , 

Posted
24 minutes ago, nettie said:

Hi dorsetbred, it all seems to be ticking along nicely in mod thread today have to admit been lurking in there all morning, waiting for more good charts to appear from my little knowledge there seems to be some corkers coming out hey but I'm no expert I rely on others take on them.    

If it's of interest I'll post a few charts in here over the coming days. I got caught up in the pathetic goings on in the other thread and decided enough is enough.

• Like 3

Posted

I'm sorry to hear that smartie it is a difficult thing to get your head around. I lost my dad to cancer a few years ago . He would love to see some of the charts coming out now, he was my snow buddy two nutters  together.

Posted

That would be great Knocker thank you,  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well today was coldest I've ever experienced in my life and wow. -42c I had 2 sets of base layers and still cold! 

20160106_114757_HDR.thumb.jpg.961821f770

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Where are you? it certainly isn't the Mendips lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
42 minutes ago, Rich_Clements said:

Where are you? it certainly isn't the Mendips lol.

Levi finland. The chairs and gondolas were all closed today because too cold to run. It literally hurts to breath outside, truly incredible. I skied for 4 hours before I couldn't take it but was great with hardly anyone else prepared to brave slopes. Down in valley at resort level locals expect -45 tonight before it warms up a little Thursday to -35c 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

This Morning started a lot brighter, though there were still a couple of showers that skimmed the South Coast of the Island. Cloud has slowly thickened during the Afternoon, however though the winds have been very calm and the sea was the calmest it looked in Weeks! Wish I had got a picture

Current Temperature: 6.2'c

Overnight low 4.6

High: 7.9'c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sunshine for most of the day, clouded over towards the end.

Current conditions:

Temp: 7.9°C - Hum: 84% - Bar: 996.4hPa Falling slowly - Wind: Calm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Been a while since posted, but it has been a pleaseant but notibably chillier day today...Nice winter sun :)

Posted

The rain has been here for a couple of hours.

On tonight's GFS run it starts getting colder from next Weds  Very dry run no snow.

gfs_t2maf_slp_eur3_34.thumb.png.84c9f3bd

Edited by knocker

Posted
23 minutes ago, knocker said:

On tonight's GFS run it starts getting colder from next Weds  Very dry run no snow.

Sssshhhh Knocker... Don't tell 'em that :laugh:

To be fair, they'll be lots of bits and pieces popping up next week to add to the excitement... and of course lots that will appear in the models (channel, cough low, cough) and will duly vanish.

All part of the fun.

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

The rain has been here for a couple of hours.

That's a brave call this far out! 

Posted

Right....so we have around 4 days to shift the M4 down to the south coast.....volunteers please!

• Like 1