Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Long time lurker here,

Usually to be found at home in Pensford north Somerset but had to get away from the endless grey sky's,

Lucky enough to fly down to the Caribbean on Monday and was gobsmacked to find total cloud cover from Anglesey until well southwest of the Bahamas!!!! Thats 3500 plus nautical miles without even a tiny break in the clouds,and i was looking!! is that unusual?? The last five hundred miles before the cloud broke, they were solid to 40000' that seems like one hell of a cauldron of convection.

Hopefully the monotony will break soon but im not holding my breath....

Jaz

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Mild, calm and cloudy.

Temp: 12.9 °C - Hum: 85% - Bar: 1018.17 hPa - Wind: Light air 1-2mph,  SW/SSW.

Some December stats from here, crazy average temp!

2015-12-13.thumb.png.24f32c8b67f889d1616

• Like 1

Posted

Rolling back the weeks here...sat in the garden in a jersey, with a beer; having just cut the grass. Bit of brightness in the distance.

20151213_150400.thumb.jpg.eb28af6248a886

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

just seen a quote from Fergie and its grim reading!!

"strong signal for generally above average temps continues into early Jan, with higher pressure into S UK poss to mid month"

"V mild conditions develop later this week, returning closer to average leading to xmas,(w windy spells); no sign colder weather "

not want you want to hear from a professional forecaster, he must be pretty certain to put that out there

fromey

Posted

Lowest max of the month so far today at a bone chilling 10.3c .

A mostly fine day too with some hazy sunshine this morning and for an hour this afternoon, a band of moderate rain for a few hours in between. Tomorrow looks set to be a repeat performance but probably a degree or 2 higher.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
7 hours ago, fromey said:

"strong signal for generally above average temps continues into early Jan, with higher pressure into S UK poss to mid month"

"V mild conditions develop later this week, returning closer to average leading to xmas,(w windy spells); no sign colder weather "

not want you want to hear from a professional forecaster, he must be pretty certain to put that out there

The second sentence is a reasonable prediction based on the current output, but there has to be low confidence in the first sentence, given that it's T+432 at the earliest.

Edited by The Enforcer
  • Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, The Enforcer said:

The second sentence is a reasonable prediction based on the current output, but there has to be low confidence in the first sentence, given that it's T+432 at the earliest.

Oh god I really hope so!

fromey

Posted

Just looked at the Met Office forecast for Exeter and on Wednesday night the minimum, yes minimum temperature is forecast to be 14C..

5 hours ago, fromey said:

image.jpeg

Lol, reminds me of this 
e50a1c9af6f8bade1d63e02cd2141061.jpg

Just change summer to winter, and Spain to Lapland or somewhere.

Posted
1 hour ago, Evening thunder said:

Just looked at the Met Office forecast for Exeter and on Wednesday night the minimum, yes minimum temperature is forecast to be 14C..

Lol, reminds me of this 
e50a1c9af6f8bade1d63e02cd2141061.jpg

Just change summer to winter, and Spain to Lapland or somewhere.

I just wish there was some hope in the output 

fromey 

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, fromey said:

I just wish there was some hope in the output 

fromey 

There is "hope". Think of the pensioners, who might be smitten with cold, and germs, unable to fight the cold. Those that have no where to live, there is hope.

Even the power generating companies are holding out for hope, as  they see their revenues (& profits fall) as El Nino, eats away at their decreasing inputs. Sadly I suppose that means the prices will ramp again next year to compensate :(

As for cold for us southerners, 'hope' is a great ale served by many pubs, so there's always 'hope'.

(PS. No micky taking or poking fun at your comment was intended, the weather bares the brunt of our frustration.)

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I'm really wrestling with my thoughts over this mild period, I want a cold snap but am enjoying the fact I don't have the heating on therefore saving money. It is getting a little groundhog day with this grey damp mild weather.

Dear Santa............

• Like 1

Posted

Looking the radar and what's tracking off the Atlantic and channel, going to get hammered here for a good few hours from mid morning. Def flooding event IMHO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Rich_Clements said:

I'm really wrestling with my thoughts over this mild period, I want a cold snap but am enjoying the fact I don't have the heating on therefore saving money. It is getting a little groundhog day with this grey damp mild weather.

Dear Santa............

Get the sun out and lose the rain/wind then we're talking. Still need the heating on to dry clothes in my house unfortunately. Plus, no warming in the house from any sunshine. Sadly, we need the lights on longer with such dull weather persisting. Bring back the cold sunshine from whichever winter that was!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

More of the same dull, grey and damp weather - only a curmudgeon could enjoy this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Overcast, damp and mild.

Screenshot_2015-12-15-11-46-40.thumb.png

1.8mm of drizzle this morning, more on the way soon.

Screenshot_2015-12-15-11-48-15.thumb.png

Temp: 12.1°C - Hum: 92% - Bar: 1014.11hPa - Wind: S/SE 10mph.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

What an awful start to winter I really hope this changes as it is starting to feel like 90's all over again :cc_confused:

Posted

A very gloomy and now very wet afternoon after a dry morning,

15 days in and 15 with double figures ; I know it's happening widely in the Southern third of the UK but that really is remarkable and we can be certain of it becoming 20 out of 20 by Sunday with the added double figure 'mins' too.