Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Stood on my patio at midday before going back out to work I was debating if it was 1st December or 1st May. The sun was shining, birds singing, it was pleasantly warm and we have summer flowers still blooming. At this rate the summer blooms will still be out when the Spring ones start lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

What's this? A sunny morning!

Posted

Beautiful day although clouding over from the West, 13.6c right now which is the highest I have ever recorded in December since starting 12 years ago!!!

Interesting, I have just hovered over the temperature I had typed and it brought up a pop up window displaying the comparative Fahrenheit figure!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been a pleasant day here, lovely sunshine now been replaced by thicker cloud from SW. Earlier high of 14.5c. Wind now 18mph SW.

Posted

After a not bad morning the cloud thickened and it became very dull. Now St and slight rain (not sure the front was supposed to nudge this far SE). Temp reached 13C and the wind is SSW 20mph gusting 30.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A mostly cloudy day, even a shower this morning.

Temp: 13.9°C

Hum: 82%

Bar: 1022.57hPa - Steady

A bit of undulating going on earlier..

20151202_145152_HDR.thumb.jpg.29eb17ede1

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Not very nice out again, although tomorrow looks decent. :)

Missed my walk to Downton for the first time in ages this morning. I reckon I knackered my foot climbing the nets at Monkey World on Sunday... bl**dy hurts.

On a positive note, we've just had the windows cleaned... Swings and roundabouts, Rodders.

Posted
4 hours ago, jtay said:

Not very nice out again, although tomorrow looks decent. :)

Missed my walk to Downton for the first time in ages this morning. I reckon I knackered my foot climbing the nets at Monkey World on Sunday... bl**dy hurts.

On a positive note, we've just had the windows cleaned... Swings and roundabouts, Rodders.

Hope you foot recovers quickly John, that'll teach you for trying to emulate the residents there!

Sat here wishing it was 3rd of May, June, July, August or September (rather than 3rd December) with the likelihood of this current warm sector having provided hot sunshine (would have potentially been 30c+) with the embedded sharp showers which have affected us giving way to a very thundery evening as the cold front arrives from the West.

As it is the sun is not strong enough to burn off the low-mid level cloud so we have indeed had sporadic sharp showers, no brightness, temperature around 13c all day and will only have heavy rain later.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Hope you foot recovers quickly John, that'll teach you for trying to emulate the residents there!

Cheers Andy. I'll blame it on the 4 year old that we borrowed for the day.

Anyway... I'm going to pop out to Maplin later to pick up a weather station, I reckon. Nothing fancy, but it should cheer me up.

Posted

Finally something noteworthy of reporting :)

Moderate Squall Line just passed through here bringing fat , juicy drops of rain pounding the roof.

The winds didn't pick up too much but they did a little. All in all just happy to see some cool weather again.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

thunder and lighting here!!

fromey

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Yes that squall line made quite a racket as it passed through

Posted
2 minutes ago, ThundersnowDays said:

Was that really thunder wow I haven't heard any since May :yahoo:

standerwick dilton marsh and canalroad trowbridge.. :) just in to winter and boom lol

Posted

Pretty remarkable, 2 rounds of lightning and thunder and epic sheeting rain and wind for about 10 minutes. No lightning showing on the radar detector though.

• Like 2