Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

We're building the village bonfire tomorrow and true to form, it looks like we're in for a soaking. Hopefully all the wind and rain will clear through before the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Squally heavy rain in north Bristol at the moment, must be the back edge of today's front moving through. Don't think the clearance will come in time for sunset so a clear period tonight before more greyness and rain tomorrow.

Posted

We're building the village bonfire tomorrow and true to form, it looks like we're in for a soaking. Hopefully all the wind and rain will clear through before the evening.

Should be well through you by the evening.

Posted

Wasn't expecting a squall line to form today but 2 are evident on the radar with the most Southerly affecting parts of our region.

Maxxed at 16.4c without even a hint of brightness. Will we get some brief coolness with a Cold Front clearing and clear sky for part of the night before the next Warm Front lifts Northwards in the morning?

Posted

Equally foul here - I'm sure we all have it! Thursday brought the first real flooding of our back lanes for quite a time - the best indicator that the topsoil is now saturated meaning excess run-off from the fields when it rains heavily. The chalk fed rivers are also beginning to rise after very low levels in October (which is a relief to see for nature lovers). 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Foul, wet and very gusty winds.  As usual, our nearest local stream has flooded in several places and the standing water between here and Cerne Abbas, both along the A352 and the back roads is causing a lot of problems.  Looks as though the worst has gone through now.

Posted

Beautiful afternoon with fast moving fractal Cumulus (showing the jet stream strength) after an awful morning with gales and torrential bursts of rain. Lovely to stand out in the sun for half an hour tidying up the garden. Had 15mm in the gauge which has cranked the total up to 34mm so far this month.

It doesn't look too bad in this region for tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday as the streaming front looks set to lie to our North after lifting Northwards tomorrow.

Posted

A much better afternoon, still breezy but less gusty, and long sunny spells.

post-8165-0-41924200-1446911211_thumb.jp

Posted

Yes a real joy walking the dogs this afternoon in warm sun and dappled woodland light onto fresh fallen leaves. Whatever the winter we will not feel cheated out of an autumn.

• Like 1

Posted

There was actually some sunshine yesterday afternoon! The temperature reached 17.1c and clear skies through the first half of last night allowed the temperature to drop to 6.4c (sounds like something I'd write in May..)

Back to dull with some drizzle this morning though, currently 14.1c.

Posted

What a disappointment today has been so far.  As far as I can tell the only difference to yesterday morning is that it's not actually raining, just mizzling.  I had hoped to do some gardening, but it can wait.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yep, proper Autumnal conditions today, roll on Winter which will hopefully not be more of the same as what we have now. I want some sunny skies again and clear frosty nights, plenty of time to wish my life away yet though.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

The radar is having a bad day! It has been drizzling and raining for 4 hours yet only showing the lightest blue over this location for 10 minutes of that time. If I had been out for all 4 hours I would have got soaked, yet sometimes the blue radar colouring is there for large drop light rain which in 4 hours you wouldn't get that wet in.

Posted

I was suprised at the lack of colouring on the radar too, Andy.  More often than not it's the other way round, showing light drizzle/rain when in fact nothing's reaching the ground.

Posted

I was suprised at the lack of colouring on the radar too, Andy.  More often than not it's the other way round, showing light drizzle/rain when in fact nothing's reaching the ground.

That is very often in less humid set ups when the rain evaporates before reaching the ground.