Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Very very unlikely that thunder will occur this far west. Might not even rain here in woolacombe.

I'm not so dismissive with thunder risk but yes unlikely...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Yes a rather foggy start this morning at home and most of the trip to work as well, looks to have cleared a little now with a light bulb sun, I wonder how long that will last.

Posted

The latest update by the Met Office has now excluded majority of Wales, all of Cornwall and 50% of Devon in today's severe weather warning, so clearly this is moving east more than expected. 

• Like 1

Posted

The latest update by the Met Office has now excluded majority of Wales, all of Cornwall and 50% of Devon in today's severe weather warning, so clearly this is moving east more than expected. 

Well, luckily for me, I am still in the warning! Anyway, as posted in the convective thread, just had some light rain but the drops were huge here! Maybe a good sign for later!

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Yes a rather foggy start this morning at home and most of the trip to work as well, looks to have cleared a little now with a light bulb sun, I wonder how long that will last.

Haha that's the first time I have seen anybody but me use the term 'lightbulb sun' lol !

There has been barely any rain over land yet meaning a fine morning here with mist, low cloud and sunny spells.

This could be yet another major mess up by the forecasting outlets as with previous days this year when widespread torrential rain and/or storms were predicted (a Friday in June - either 12th or 19th - and Thursday 13th August being 2).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Haha that's the first time I have seen anybody but me use the term 'lightbulb sun' lol !

There has been barely any rain over land yet meaning a fine morning here with mist, low cloud and sunny spells.

This could be yet another major mess up by the forecasting outlets as with previous days this year when widespread torrential rain and/or storms were predicted (a Friday in June - either 12th or 19th - and Thursday 13th August being 2).

These 'rain/storms coming up from the south' scenarios really do cause a headache to the forecasters don't they. As you say, each occurrence of this over the summer has turned out differently to first thought. I think it was John Hammond a few days ago who emphasised the uncertainty given that on Sunday evening the low hadn't properly formed yet.

The rain is still only just flirting with Cornwall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Very foggy this morning over the hills and not looking forward to this rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed nice enough here in woolacombe with bright skies. Seems the rain has shifted more SE than expected meaning less storm risk too for those affected.

Posted

This is boring.. rain band pivoting with us stuck right on the edge, so we just get stuck with light/moderate rain all afternoon but without any interesting rates/totals.. unlike just to the east.

Also means the river won't do much as ever recently whenever the ground gets wet so it would, any decent rain totals avoid up-catchment areas.

Thank god this isn't snow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

absolutely bucketing it down here. and has been for a while. I bet the roads are atrocious! Bournemouth Gardens have flooded.

The rain band appears to be pivoting right on top of us. Could be some big totals IMBY. Wish i had my weather station up and working after my recent move! :wallbash:

Might need a canoe to get out of work at this rate

post-16760-0-52266500-1442418044_thumb.j

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

absolutely bucketing it down here. and has been for a while. I bet the roads are atrocious! Bournemouth Gardens have flooded.

The rain band appears to be pivoting right on top of us. Could be some big totals IMBY. Wish i had my weather station up and working after my recent move! :wallbash:

Might need a canoe to get out of work at this rate

Ah, rub it in why don't ya! We were supposed to get that not you! Anyway, back with the posts to make me feel even worse!

Strange day sunny all morning gone overcast still dry.radar looks interesting

The rain won't reach Cardiff.

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 1

Posted

Cloudy dry morning here

From 1-30pm its was drizzle with an occasional light shower

10mm so far today

But its just started to rain heavier

Edit: its pouring now and we have moved into darkness

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Gorgeous sunny evening here! Total opposite to the forecast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bit of a botch again, just some light rain this afternoon which has since stopped and its dead calm. Maybe the next low will take a more traditional path. At least the southeast have had some considerable rain - they need it more than us.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

It was pivoting right over us earlier too!  Seems to have begun it's easterly movement in the last hour, but it's still raining albeit lightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

28mm of rainfall since 3pm making it a thoroughly wet afternoon and evening after all....rain is now clearing away leaving some light drizzle and mist in its wake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

A chilly start to the day, lovely sunshine and the paths are drying after yesterdays rain.