Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Cloudy and muggy with St and looks like Ac above. Temp 16C and a SE zephyr. Get rid of the cloud could be quite warm

post-12275-0-96804400-1437028853_thumb.g

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

There was me thinking today would be a garden day. Instead it's dull and drizzly...  again... and it's actually quite dark. Bring on some fresher sunnier days starting tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

There was me thinking today would be a garden day. Instead it's dull and drizzly...  again... and it's actually quite dark. Bring on some fresher sunnier days starting tomorrow!

yep, pretty sh*te here as well.......It's supposed to perk up later with some much more humid and warmer air from the near continent....supposed

Posted

Thankfully no drizzle here this morning and there has been some warm sunshine, although now the low cloud seems thicker than ever. I had assumed the warm front moved North around 08.00 as there was a distinct mass of dark cloud followed by wavy asperatus type cloud and then something of a clearance. However maybe I was wrong!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

We've had a the drizzle here too, albeit very light and patchy, but enough to annoy me.  After a dry and sunny start I, foolishly as it turned out, decided to wash the bed linen and hang it out to dry. :diablo:   OK, so it wasn't that much and the sun's back out now and the drying is progressing. :)

Edited by Lyn-M

Posted

Sorry for not updating yesterday busy....

Yesterday:

Cloudy and dull.

18.C

Today:

Cloudy in morning with sunny intervals afternoon

21.C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

What's that little pokey cell brewing up to the Northwest of Westbury then. Eyes on the radar if you're near there.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Lovely cloud structure from that Tony!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

IOW get ready!

Lovely cloud structure from that Tony!

All part of the fun isn't it, seeing those beautiful cloudscapes, just clear skies overhead here but at least I've seen the sun, was beginning to wonder where it had been over recent days.

Posted

its boil in the bag weather again ... to me its hot sticky and well yukk... but i can see towers forming.... i could kill for a mini ice age in my flat at the moment I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad :)

• Like 1

Posted

I can officially say I'M OUT OF THE NO STORMS CLUB!! Going on holiday so drove through one of those cells that passed to the east of Basingstoke earlier! No audible thunder from inside the car, however the rain was very heavy... With some huge drops as well! So the rain was the notable feature, which was very noisy, so there may have have possibly been some which I couldn't hear! Lightning was sheet from what I saw.

Posted

Well, what a totally inaccurate forecast for today.

It's been raining on and off for an hour now and the sky is grey cloud laden.

Posted

What's happened to the weekend?

What looked like a half decent couple of days is now forecast to get steadily worse after we lose the sunshine from tomorrow morning. Sunday looks like a right-off.

Ridge of high pressure, my ar*e.

Posted

Yep quite the forecasting fail. Cloudy and grim here, and very breezy. Temperature also on the way down after a high of 20.5C at midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Managed to miss all the rain although there was some thunder and lightning.  8.2mm of rain so far this month in Southampton. Very envious of the drenching they've had at St Andrews.

Posted

Well, what a totally inaccurate forecast for today.

It's been raining on and off for an hour now and the sky is grey cloud laden.

I know I am completely confused how they can fail to predict that a cold front will produce heavy showers, rather than the line of cloud that every forecast showed and mentioned - even up to the BBC Breakfast one I saw at 06.15 this morning! And a slow moving trailing line of showers it is too!

Posted

Still very much in the No Storms Club here in Reading, although we narrowly missed last night's thunderstorms. The university reported only 0.2mm of rain in the last 24 hours and less than 10mm so far this month. For us the remarkably dry spring has continued well into summer with less than 100mm since the beginning of April.

Posted

Looks like we might scrape a 'half' decent day tomorrow if the wind can fall a bit lighter. Sunday, however, which was once going to be the best day of the weekend, looks rubbish!