Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 04/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Fresh strikes in devon heading Somerset way

Nope, they're heading for Wales mate. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I would say Nick F's forecast on the previous page will be pretty much on the mark today. W Country may get a glancing blow from the tail end of the surface trough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Heavy rain, here. Just what the gardens need. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

The local lakes near me I don't think I have seen it so low about 5 foot from the bank and still going down!

Be interesting if there are any charts that show 3 month rain totals

I used this website as part of my Natural Sciences Degree which is worth a read, as although surface water levels may be dropping, groundwater levels may be below/on/above average depending on which site.

http://www.bgs.ac.uk/research/groundwater/datainfo/levels/home.html

If you click on a site you can find the hydrographs, which can be useful to gauge what the levels are over a period of time, plus a blog that gets updated roughly every 3 months: http://www.bgs.ac.uk/research/groundwater/datainfo/levels/levels_news.html

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I see from the netweather radar, there's a lone of heavy rain on its way to Exeter, looks like embedded thunderstorms, hope we get one, better bring the washing in.

Breeze is picking up

Posted

Stunning Dave, were you up at Westbury White Horse?

I was indeed! Great spot, you can see lightning from a pretty serious distance up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looks like Kent may well get clipped by this plume mass with a few bits of thundery activity soon.

Meanwhile, Germany is about to go into meltdown this afternoon probably!

That stuff over the SW also looks to head NE over the afternoon, so the Midlands into Lincolnshire don't look too bad this evening perhaps.

Posted

I see from the netweather radar, there's a lone of heavy rain on its way to Exeter, looks like embedded thunderstorms, hope we get one, better bring the washing in.

Breeze is picking up

It may look like that, but to me it looks like steering clear west of us, I hope I'm proved wrong. Looks like upper winds are coming from Plymouth where the "cruddy" rain is...

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 1

Posted

Had thunder and lightning Friday night though not over head was close enough for bright lightning and loud enough thunder.

Towards the end of the storm a cg hit close and shotgun thunder.

Looks like we could not definitely get something later crud is clearing sun is out feeling warm.

It's breezy to similar to how it felt Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

It may look like that, but to me it looks like steering clear west of us, I hope I'm proved wrong. Looks like upper winds are coming from Plymouth where the "cruddy" rain is...

Really, it looks like it'll go right over us and the lightening data is lit up, fingers crossed, about time we had a thunderstorm after the disappointment the over day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Breeze is picking up

Looking like you may get something in the next 30 mins :)

• Like 1

Posted

hi well I'm high up on top of a hill a bit west of exeter and de-aerial-ing my caravan/home ! sky looking well iffy,hf radio have a lot of local sky sparks.William I think your town bears scare away storms !!

• Like 1

Posted

i dont think this part of Lincs will catch any storms today, forecast by the met office says it should be dry all day and currently its chucking it down and feeling very cool and fresh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Oooooo, I might (**might**) get clipped by this... even if it's just rain, that'll do grand! :D

• Like 1

Posted

Really, it looks like it'll go right over us and the lightening data is lit up, fingers crossed, about time we had a thunderstorm after the disappointment the over day

Yep, all activity pretty much dead now and went to our west.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks to have a bit of a westerly shift on it now so could be in with a shout

Interesting you think this, I can see it moving well to our west with only the cell towards Plymouth probably going again NW of me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Hmmm, according to the forecast it should be sunny here with potential showers this afternoon. However, it has clouded over and is now overcast with the cloud getting ever thicker. To the SE the rain that was supposed to be clearing the SE and heading into the N Sea appears to be swinging back inland across Lincs and we have an SE wind here. I see it is cold and rainy in Spalding and I think it will rain here too within the hour so a bit down in the dumps all told. Cold rain will spoil the day and do for any storms later I would have thought with no insolation.

Oh well, it has been a good week so I am not too despondent. Better mow the lawn now though before the rain comes......

Posted

I'm watching that Plymouth cell closely, looks like the southern end might hit me.